Not sure I like chamomile

Started by Chamomile, August 19, 2021, 08:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chamomile

As a child I adored the way it looks when growing, and the way it smells when growing. But the taste is too mild. Or maybe it's one more thing to remind me that I need to be gentle with myself, and to welcome the gentle taste of chamomile...

Hello, I'm Chamomile. Currently sort of having a panic attack.

I wonder if I'm a textbook case of dissociation. I realized that I spent the last 28 years dissociating nearly nonstop, which is why the only thing I really have to show for those years is a gaming hobby (addiction of choice). It's how I first coped with my father's molesting of me at 13. Ever since then, I can't stop. I thought it was just addiction, but it's dissociation, too. (I was also physically, verbally, emotionally abused by mother... and emotionally/verbally by an ex-spouse for 5 years straight - a lot for me to untangle..)

I'm quite scared. I'm a mess. I'm still nonfunctional, as I have been since about 23. Can't take care of myself, my living environment. Agoraphobia when I'm not working the 2-3 days a week I work. A total recluse in a city. I call out of work once a month, as I've done today. I'm itching to get on the computer in a few minutes and breathe a sigh of relief as I log into a vast, wondrous virtual world of beautiful landscapes, friendly faces, cozy farms.

I'm getting closer to 45. Soon it will be hard to be hired at that age, if I need to find work anew. I have no drive to improve the situation and am just going through the motions of my work. If I could, I would sleep and game my whole life away.

Throughout the whole nonfunctioning state, there is a painful knot in the middle of my solar plexus. It feels festering, inflamed, putrid, beaten to a pulp. I've a feeling that it has something to do with my nonfunction. Something is profoundly stuck. Muted. Silenced. Torn apart from me.

rainydiary

I appreciate you sharing about your experience here.  I hope that you find some ease.

Dante

Hi Chamomile, you're not alone.  I'm realizing just how much disassociation I've spent my life in.  I can only tell now because I get brief periods where I can tell I'm not disassociating and I literally look around and I can feel myself wonder how I got here (it happens most often when I'm driving and for just a moment I can actually see where I am clearly).  It's a weird sensation, like somebody else has been driving my body and for a little bit I get to peek out.  (Which I guess is truth).

Anyway, I hope you feel better, and like I said, you're not alone.

Armee

Also life long dissociater here. Somebody wise commented on the subject in my journal today. Relief is slow but it can get better. Knowing its it's happening is a necessary and super important first step.

I wish no one had hurt you in that way, let alone family. I'm feeling really angry for you.  :hug:

It's funny I have the same opinion of chamomile and grow it because I love the smell, but don't really enjoy the tea.

It's ok to be how you are and one day a month of sick leave isn't terrible. And 45 isn't that old. Give yourself some space to breathe.