Blue Knot Foundation: 'Talking about Trauma - Guide for the General Public'

Started by bluepalm, April 01, 2021, 05:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepalm

The Blue Knot Foundation in Australia (www.blueknot.org.au) has recently released a paper to help the general public discuss relational trauma. I thought this might be a resource that Members could provide to help people around them discuss and better understand what they, as survivors of relational trauma, experience. The Foundation describes its Guide as follows:

'
Members of the general public are becoming more aware of the prevalence of trauma and how it can affect people. However, many people feel poorly equipped to have everyday conversations with people they know or suspect have actually experienced trauma.
[/i]

'
Talking about trauma: guide to everyday conversations for the general public provides a simple guide, in plain English, to support these critical conversations. Whether you are starting the conversation yourself (because you suspect a person is experiencing/has experienced trauma) or you are responding to a person telling you about their trauma. The following information, evidence and tips will help you manage the challenges and minimise the risks.
[/i]'

You can register and download a copy of this Guide for free at the following link:

http://www.blueknot.org.au/Resources/Publications/Talking-about-trauma/Talking_About_Trauma_Public

Kizzie

Another great resource from Blue Knot!  Tks for sharing this Blue Palm  :hug: