Opipramol/Opramol/Insidon

Started by Panda, April 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

Did any of you take this one before?

I'm not sure what the most common name in the US is so I included a couple just in case.

I've only just got my prescription and had the first dose but I'd like to know a bit more about people's experiences. I know everyone's different and responds differently to medication but I'd still love to hear about it!

JakobBolu

I did not try any of this stuff, but found an article from 1998 that says:
"The authors analyze the findings of a clinical simple-blind trial of the drug Insidon--Geigy in depressive states. This drug was administered in monotherapy for 28 days in average doses of 150 mg daily in a series of 20 in patients of both sexes and aged 20-60 years, diagnosed with the neurotic depressive state. The efficiency of the treatment and its tolerance was estimated on a special Ciba-Geigy Pharma International investigation card through clinical observation, scoring of clinical items, psychological check-up and Hamilton's scale for depression at 0-7-14-21 and 28 days, paraclinical investigations, computer processing (TIM-S) based on a program (in BETA BASIC language in 3.1 version) necessary for determining the polynomial functions for the significant items of the psychopathological syndrome (anxiety, depression, insomnia). The corroboration of the data of clinical and paraclinical observations with the psychologic examination and the computer-processed data reveals the clinical efficacy of Insidon--Geigy in neurotic depression, its good tolerance, and low incidence of side effects."

Panda

Thanks!!

Soo it has been 17 days so I figured it'd be enough time to give a bit of an update:

The Opipramol was primarily prescribed to help with sleep in my case so I take one 50 mg dose before bed and up to 300 mg as needed during the day for acute panic. I haven't exceeded a dose of 150 mgs in a day yet.
As far as side effects go, I only have two problems, one being that I have to have at least a full glass of water with my dose or I'll get stomach cramping and gassiness and the other is a dry tongue. Feels a bit like a moist washcloth, it's an odd sensation but I know I'm due for a new dose when that feeling subsides.

My sleep is better. I used to wake up at least three times per night, on bad nights twice an hour. Right now I wake up about once a night, of course more with outside factors (wife, cats). It's also deeper sleep and I only take about 20 minutes to fall asleep as opposed to an hour to two.
It takes forever for me to wake up proper if I've had less than eight hours of sleep tho.

As far as the anxiety goes... my base anxiety has decreased a lot. I still struggle but it's not as bad and paralyzing as before.
Since the Opipramol takes about an hour to work its magic it does nothing for acute panic attacks unless I manage to catch the very very early stages sadly. But it's nice to be able to dose up when I know I have to do something scary later during the day.

I'm not sure it's doing anything for my depression, to be honest. My depression does come in episodes though and I'm not currently due for one so we'll see how that goes.

So far, I'm like 90% happy with the Opipramol. I think most of it is just some fine-tuning with the dosages and maybe needing another med to handle the depression stuff but this seems like a solid med and at least for me it's almost free of side effects.