I somehow have... more than one?

Started by CactusFlower, April 03, 2021, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

Just started Inner Child work. I'm doing the question and answer thing and discovered something interesting. If I use only my dominant (right) hand and just switch pens (my inner child prefers colored pens), the voice, language level, comprehension, etc is about 7 years old. But if I do the exercise where you answer with your non-dominant hand, she's about 3 and the handwriting is remarkably child-like for then. Big shaky letters, spelling not quite right yet, age-appropriate drawing... and emotions. It's very very interesting. They even have different names. Anyone else experience this? My BFF talks about having an inner teen as well, but I haven't gotten to that.

It's also been very eye-opening in what they say and like as well. Things I've denied about myself for a very long time. As an adult, I hate the color pink.  Apparently the youngest inner child adores it. It's really making me think about a lot of assumptions I have as an adult and where stuff comes from.

Blueberry

I have far more than one, although I'm not multiple anything. Inner Teens as well. With healing they have become better integrated and not so noticeable, and in the case of the Inner Teens less dominant. Mine never had names, but different ages, different likes and dislikes. Some of them were very distraught, very traumatised. Some of them held strengths and resiliency and creativity - completely unknown aspects of me when they first came up.

I hope you continue to discover more sides to yourself thru your ICs.  :)

Not Alone

Yes, mine have different ages, names and some have different handwriting. Seems like you're open and curious about your inner children.

CactusFlower

Thank you, Blueberry and Notalone.  yes, I'm very curious. I am fascinated at their likes and everything. We haven't gotten into the difficult stuff yet, I'm still building trust.  I think the younger might be first to be upset, she was very worried I wouldn't give her a stuffed animal. They're definitely a lot of my creativity source. They expressed a desire for a box of treasures (a place to put stuff like pretty rocks, jars of play-doh, etc), so I emptied a photo box I had and got some stickers. It was loads of fun to decorate it.

Kizzie

They look awesome!   :cheer:   It looks like you and your littler ones had some fun.  I love the sticker warning that it's your stuff and so stay out - very teen -like   :thumbup: 

Not Alone

Your bunny is adorable. I love the extra long ears! Nice job decorating the box. It looks really cool.

CactusFlower

Thanks! bunny is available on Amazon in several colors. I liked the green one, but she definitely wanted pink.

Kizzie

She deserves to have the pink one so good on you for giving it to her  :thumbup: