[TW] Jazzy's Journal: Omega, Part II

Started by Jazzy, July 05, 2021, 11:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Alter-eg0,

I'm so sorry you were mistreated like this!  :hug:

Those tests are not intended for people who are depressed, and certainly not for people who are drugged out of their mind. So any results from administering the test incorrectly, the way they did, are faulty. Especially this part "here's a risk in overestimating her because her verbal intelligence is higher than the other categories".

What it should say is "test results show verbal intelligence to be the strongest scored category at this point". Again, the test never should have been administered under those conditions.

I hope you realize how damaging those lies are, and that you are so much more than what they can see in you.  :)

Only when administered correctly the IQ test I took most recently is very good, yet also very lacking in breadth. They only measure the logical intellect of the mind. I would love to take a musical based IQ test, among others. I don't know if they exist, but I know musical/artistic intelligence is as real as logical intelligence.

Jazzy

New note of the highest import:

#1 way to reduce stress is to accept whatever my mind is doing is best. Understanding why it is doing what it is doing is the key to that acceptance.

Alter-eg0

Quote from: Jazzy on July 15, 2021, 09:04:07 PM
New note of the highest import:

#1 way to reduce stress is to accept whatever my mind is doing is best. Understanding why it is doing what it is doing is the key to that acceptance.

Agreed. Resistance and beating yourself up certainly won't reduce that stress :)

This falls in line with the thought that every behaviour (conscious or unconcious) has a positive intention as it's core. Meaning: it serves a purpose. That doesn't always mean that the execution or the result is positive, it simply means that it serves to meet a need. Which is at it's core, a positive intention.
For me personally, it helps to ask (that part of) myself: what are you trying to achieve or avoid, by doing this? That helps figure out the underlying need or intention.
It helps you treat yourself with more compassion, and when you find out the need/intention behind the behaviour, it's easier to work on developing an alternative.

As for the IQ tests, I wonder if they have those kinds of tests for "other kinds of intelligence". I'd be interested for sure! I mean, there are so many more intelligences than just the logical kind.

Jazzy

Thanks for your message here, Alter-eg0. It has been very nice to read. :)

Thanks for everything you have included to expand upon my note about reducing stress. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that this simple fact has never been taught to me, despite the multitudes of handouts, worksheets, and other information I have read from the professionals.

I'm glad that not only have I realized it, but you agree and have shared more details as well as more helpful methods. Thank you so much! :)

I'm extremely interested in these other kinds of mind tests. IQ is not the most accurate title for them, but I have not yet figured out what is. I really want to write one of my own, though I'm sure it will be more widely accepted while named a "quiz".

I also will ask my psychiatrist for official ones and see what he can provide me. The IQ test I took was the only thing in my life which has properly challenged my intellectual capacity, and I want more of that! :D