Anyone Else in Acute Care? TW

Started by Eidolon, April 15, 2021, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eidolon

Quote from: Armadillo on April 23, 2021, 03:10:04 PM
Hi Eidolon. That's very frustrating. And scary. Does the doc there know a little of your trauma history? I also don't know if this is helpful but here's an article on hallucinations (voices and visual) in PTSD. https://www.verywellmind.com/relationship-between-ptsd-and-psychotic-symptoms-2797525

I don't know what's happening that is causing them to be looking at schizophrenia so just ignore thisbif it isn't relevant.  :hug:
That's exactly what I'm dealing with- thank you so much, I'll pass that along. I'm on Remeron and Effexor at the moment so here's to hoping it helps! Thank you again!  :cheer:

Armadillo

One of the keys seems to be if you KNOW it's a hallucination vs if you think it is real.

Gosh I really hope they listen to you and HELP you!

Eidolon

Did some inner child work today by myself and am slowly moving up the levels.
Quote from: Armadillo on April 23, 2021, 05:31:41 PM
One of the keys seems to be if you KNOW it's a hallucination vs if you think it is real.

Gosh I really hope they listen to you and HELP you!

The people are nice, just difficult to interact with at times. Having flashbacks more frequently, too, so that can make things a bit more difficult.

Eidolon

Dealt with some flashbacks today- able to talk things down and move through them. Unpleasant, but not unbearable.  Also found out I like Lord Huron a lot more than I first thought.

Armadillo

:cheer:

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Yup. Recognize it, accept it, talk yourself through it like you would a kid having a nightmare.

You got this. It sucks, but you definitely have the strength and awareness you need to get past this cruddy stage.

Eidolon

Quote from: Armadillo on April 26, 2021, 04:19:54 PM

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Yup. Recognize it, accept it, talk yourself through it like you would a kid having a nightmare.

You got this. It sucks, but you definitely have the strength and awareness you need to get past this cruddy stage.
Thank you! I just saw this; also working on shrinking the inner critic and found some excellent online resources so I'm hopeful for the future. Also very nervous, but mostly hopeful.  :hug:

PhoenixA

Eidolon I have been in what I think you mean by Acute Care.  Inpatient full time with mandatory group and one on one work?  If that is what you mean, I have done that more than once, and have had both great and really bad experiences with it, mostly due to where I was at in my journey and the knowledge level of the staff.
It sounds as though overall you are in a good environment with good supports so that makes me glad for you!  It also sounds as though you have a huge amount of willingness and courage to do what is needed to heal - that's so important.  Sending you strength and perseverance when things seem extra tough.  I'm glad they are combining the medication with inner work, as often one alone isn't enough.  Hope they will find the right combination of medications that will help support your journey. 
So happy to hear you were able to cry!  That's a big win, and tough to be vulnerable to that extent. 
Hope to hear that things are still improving slowly and they can coordinate a plan that will address your trauma as a whole, not as an array of symptoms to be treated.

Hang in we are here for you.

Eidolon

Quote from: PhoenixA on April 28, 2021, 11:15:31 PM
Eidolon I have been in what I think you mean by Acute Care.  Inpatient full time with mandatory group and one on one work?  If that is what you mean, I have done that more than once, and have had both great and really bad experiences with it, mostly due to where I was at in my journey and the knowledge level of the staff.
It sounds as though overall you are in a good environment with good supports so that makes me glad for you!  It also sounds as though you have a huge amount of willingness and courage to do what is needed to heal - that's so important.  Sending you strength and perseverance when things seem extra tough.  I'm glad they are combining the medication with inner work, as often one alone isn't enough.  Hope they will find the right combination of medications that will help support your journey. 
So happy to hear you were able to cry!  That's a big win, and tough to be vulnerable to that extent. 
Hope to hear that things are still improving slowly and they can coordinate a plan that will address your trauma as a whole, not as an array of symptoms to be treated.

Hang in we are here for you.
That's exactly what I'm in! I'm fortunate to have a computer available sometimes. I think the staff are learning along with me, I'm hoping they'll let me move back in with my family after a little while. I'm also very glad to have the forum as a resting place!  :) Participating in groups is a bit difficult for me because I dissociate a lot. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.  :grouphug: Best wishes to everybody on their recovery. It's a lot harder than I first thought but absolutely worth it.

Armadillo

I honestly cannot even imagine how hard it is to be in a group session in acute care how very very overwhelming it would be and I  think I would dissociated too.  A lot.

I hope you get to go home with your family soon too as long as it is safe and you have the supports you need.

And I hope today was good and safe feeling.

Eidolon

Another thank you to Armadillo! I'm a bit more relaxed after a good walk/run, I got to think by myself and air out some depression. I also started listening to some of my old favorite music so things are looking up for me!
Might order some more books in Old Scandinavian to practice language while I'm in here, I tend to isolate a lot but other than that I'm doing well today I think. I hope everybody's hanging in there. Lockdown can be Hellish with everything closed down.

I also managed to meditate yesterday, so that was nice!

Armadillo

I'm clapping like an excited little girl on the inside for you! I am in awe that you have the strength and self-love to go out for a run/walk, to listen to your favorite music, and to practice a language! Wow. You are going to be my inspiration this week!

I wonder if you would like this one...it got me through my tough week last week...it's sort of a soulful version of "you'll never walk alone" https://youtu.be/YHd5L7rdmZM

She has a recorded version you can listen to off of YouTube but I really prefer this one with the piano accompaniment.

Hoping you continue feeling well enough to keep up all this great self care.

Eidolon

Quote from: Armadillo on May 01, 2021, 05:32:44 PM

I'm clapping like an excited little girl on the inside for you! I am in awe that you have the strength and self-love to go out for a run/walk, to listen to your favorite music, and to practice a language! Wow. You are going to be my inspiration this week!

I wonder if you would like this one...it got me through my tough week last week...it's sort of a soulful version of "you'll never walk alone" https://youtu.be/YHd5L7rdmZM

She has a recorded version you can listen to off of YouTube but I really prefer this one with the piano accompaniment.

Hoping you continue feeling well enough to keep up all this great self care.
"When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark"
Wow, that's powerful. I love her voice! I'm excited to hear more music like this! Have you ever heard "The Moon will Sing" by The Crane Wives? You might like it, it has a similar feeling to it and the idea of hanging in there is big in their album. Hope you're doing well and hanging in there! I know your life is difficult. I've been processing some stuff recently and I'm excited to let go of a traumatic memory of having lice. I can readily say it wasn't fair that I was told to comb it out myself and it feels like a breath of fresh air. ;D

Armadillo

That's huge being able to really know and feel that it wasn't fair or right. Because I know you can know it logically but really getting it deep in your soul feels different. Thanks for sharing that song! I've never heard of the Crane Wives but will try the whole album. Her voice is really beautiful and interesting.

Eidolon

Comfortable dissociation today, lots of music and getting back into dance. My first round of books (Surviving to Thriving, Waking the Tiger and one other I think) are on their way. I've been reading them online but I want to be able to underline/highlight.

Here's to hoping for another good day tomorrow! Some light dissociation today but otherwise I've been hanging in there.

Armadillo

The terror is lifting a bit? Any news on getting to go home?