Little Girl Lost. April 22, 1991

Started by PhoenixA, April 23, 2021, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixA

Little Girl Lost, who are you?
Little Girl Lost, where are you?
You live inside my heart yet I know you not.
You are a mystery to me.
Many strings unravelling the
Tangled web of all you are.
Child-woman, alive and dead;
You alone hold the key to
The completeness of who I am.
The prison bars enclosed and bound.
Keep Out!  Danger!  The signs all warn
The dangers lie ahead.
Undiscovered.  Disbelieved;
Unimagined pain.
Unthinkable torture.
No wonder you are Little Girl Lost.

Kizzie

Armadillo

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read when you find and save Little Girl Lost and bring her home.

Not Alone

PhoenixA

Kizzie that is a wonderful song!!  It could almost be the theme song for OOTS.  Thank you so much for sharing it.

Armadillo I actually wrote a song about finding her and bringing her home.  It's called Treehouse.  Just not sure how to post a song on here...  I'll figure it out even if all I post is the lyrics.'

notalone thank you.  Sometimes I don't read it for a long time then look at it and am still surprised I had that creativity in me.

Armadillo

Oh I hope you can figure out how to post the song too!

PhoenixA

Armadillo I created a new thread in Music called Treehouse.  I think it has to be moderator approved first as it's an attachment...  Most of my other poetry and music is inappropriate for this setting as it has a deep faith base.  Despite my RA background I did find faith a very large part of my healing journey, and that is reflected in my poetry and songs.

Kizzie

Hey PhoenixA, I don't see the post you mentioned you made in Music.  :Idunno: 

I also wanted to mention that you are most welcome to post about your faith and how it helps/hinders your recovery.  The only thing we ask that members not do is impose their faith on others.  Like you, many have been abused under the guise of religion and it is such a triggering/difficult issue for them.  In your case though, faith still sustains and nurtures you so it's an important topic in your recovery.

PhoenixA

Hi Kizzie.  It said it was loading then disappeared so I thought that was because it had to be approved.

And thank you for that clarification on posts around my faith.  Perhaps I misunderstood or misread the instructions. Good to know that is ok. I recognize the pain that faith and religion have and continue to cause many so want to be sensitive to that.

I'll try to repost the song tonight.

PhoenixA

So I can't upload Treehouse as it's FAR too large for attachment limits, but here are the lyrics...

June 26,1992         The Treehouse

So many years ago you stayed up high
In a treehouse where no one came
It kept you safe from the world outside
Where all you knew were pain shame and rage

CHORUS
But little girl don't you know
I've come to take you home
So tell me your secrets and I'll hold you close
Then hand in hand we'll walk into the sun
So climb down now it's safe to come out and play
Oh yes, little girl, it's safe to come out and play

All those years you sat there afraid and alone
Never knowing the world outside
Not knowing that changes had come to that world
That there was laughter and playing and fun

CHORUS

Then one day I came back and there you still were
Hiding your secrets, even from me
And I sat there and asked you to talk to me
To let me love you and tell you the truth

CHORUS (use and, and last line chords Am, D, G)

So slowly you trusted, slowly we learned
To separate truth from lies
That fears and doubts belonged to the past
And now was for joyful loving and fun

CHORUS (as third time)
So please come out and play with me

Armadillo

That's so beautiful and I feel so sad for the little girl who had to hide away in the treehouse for too long not knowing things had changed. But what a sweet sweet ending. I wish I could hear how it sounds!

Not Alone

I love this. Precious and very meaningful.

Aish

Wow, this poem really reflects how a person can lose their own identity through trauma.  It makes so much sense to me.  Thank you for your expression!

bluepalm

Oh PhoenixA, your words are so powerful - they resonate strongly. Especially this verse in the lyrics:

"All those years you sat there afraid and alone
Never knowing the world outside
Not knowing that changes had come to that world
That there was laughter and playing and fun"

Thank you for articulating the pain of the little girl lost. So so sad. But you create  music and beauty out of your grief. That has to be healing. It is for me. Thank you.

And Kizzie thank you for posting 'You will be found'.  I watched the video over and over. I wanted to reach out and hug everyone on this Forum and everyone in the choir as I sang 'you will be found' at the top of my voice.
:grouphug: