[TW: Food] Dinner tonight!

Started by Jazzy, April 29, 2021, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

I realize a lot of people have difficulty with eating in a healthy way, so I hope this doesn't bother anyone. I'm still trying to eat better myself, but I've made massive improvements so far, and I'm still working on it!

Cooking is actually an extremely positive thing for me now. I've always starved myself, because that's what M taught me :pissed: ... but now I try my best to make healthy meals, and use cooking and food as a form of self care. My body needs the right nutrients to work well, and that includes my mind.

I've invited my siblings to come over for dinner a few times, but they never have. It's really discouraging that I can't share my cooking with anyone. Hopefully things will get better in the future, with more time and after the plague is under control. Maybe somebody here can at least understand how I'm feeling.

With all that said, here's what I made tonight: glazed meatloaf with dill Parmesan potatoes and steamed vegetables. It could still be healthier, but it's infinitely better than the frozen foods I used to eat every night.

Click for bigger picture!

Not Alone

Good for you, Jazzy. Sounds and looks yummy.

Jazzy

Thank you notalone! I appreciate your support. :)

Pioneer

Good job, Jazzy! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you did a great job cooking up a good looking meal.

Food and cooking and the kitchen have been big hurdles for me as well, and I am gradually getting better. I am learning that I actually like cooking! And it looks like you do too  :)

Jazzy

Thank you Pioneer! :)

It's so great that you are making progress, and that you're learning you actually like cooking! I really enjoy it. It's now my second all time favourite activity. I'm munching on some bell pepper slices with a bit of balsamic vinegarette dressing right now. They're not cooked, but yay for healthy snacks!  :cheer:

Wishing you continued improvement and all the best. If you want to share recipes or anything, feel free to send me a PM!  :wave: