I'm as happy as the dog avatar in my profile!

Started by Aish, April 30, 2021, 10:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aish

I have been dealing with mental health issues for a very long time, diagnosed in 2013.  And I have never had an explanation that made sense to me before I found CPTSD.  I have said to myself and others my entire therapy , 'I don't want to blame people that hurt me I just want to understand why and fix myself as best I can.'  And hearing all of these other stories is extremely cathartic.  Here people are disconnected from their emotions , like me, people understanding their trauma here, and people helping each other.  I am just truly grateful to have found this place.

My story is my story and it is just a classic example of CPTSD.  I have explained my experiences before and therapists have felt sorry for me, but their pity never solved my problem.  There is no part of me that wants to be a victim or pitied.  I want to take control of my life and understand myself so I can accomplish more.  Already I feel like this community is helping me with that.

Hoping and wishing everyone well, thank you for having me.

Jazzy

Welcome; we're happy to have you. Thanks for being here!

It's really important to be able to feel connected, and trauma tends to get in the way of that. It sounds like you're off to a great start here already. Please feel free to share as much (journal section is great for that), or as little as you feel appropriate. You're completely right that other people's pity doesn't fix our problems though. It's a lot of work that we have to do ourselves.

All the best on your healing journey. :)

woodsgnome

:heythere:  Greetings  :wave:

Hope you'll be able to feel comfortable without fear of being judged, like often happens in other settings. It can be an up and down ride, living with CPTSD. Surprising, too -- so many twists and turns it can take; some upbeat, but lots of less rosy scenarios.

It's tough, but at least we survived, and are slowly finding those next steps.

Not Alone