I have strangers in my house and I'm not panicking!

Started by Panda, April 20, 2021, 10:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

This wouldn't have been possible a couple of months ago.
We needed some windows replaced and I made the appointment with the roofer thinking my wife would also be home but alas she is a nurse so sometimes things change around. So I'm now here with two men I don't know and for the first time in ages, I'm just relaxed. They're doing their job, I'm just chilling out, it's magic.

Not saying I don't feel a bit weird when they get loud with each other like handymen tend to do but... I'm not afraid. I'm literally more afraid that a pigeon is going to fly into the house (got no windows in after all) than I am of two men I don't know.

It took years to get to this point and tbh I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, first because I handled all the phone calls it took to get here and now because I'm doing pretty dang okay.

Blue Rose

This is wonderful to hear Panda. It has really cheered me up thinking of you just chilling out while the roofers do their job.

Panda

Thanks, Blue Rose!

It's been about six hours now and I'm still pretty relaxed, just over having people in my space for so long but that would happen no matter what.

Kizzie

Armadillo

Way to go!!!!! I'm so happy for you on this major major victory!  :cheer:

Pioneer

That's really amazing Panda! Good for you!  :thumbup: :cheer:
Thanks for sharing your victory!

Panda

Thank you everyone!!!

Day two of thankfully only two, I'm fine, just a little cranky but they're super nice!

Blueberry

Congratulations from me too! Sounds like a huge step to me.  :thumbup: :applause:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Not Alone

Quote from: Panda on April 20, 2021, 10:14:25 AM
It took years to get to this point and tbh I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, first because I handled all the phone calls it took to get here and now because I'm doing pretty dang okay.

Yea for you!   :cheer:

Jazzy

That's awesome, congratulations!  :cheer:

I love it when years of work starts paying off. It's a big accomplishment. Good for you!  :applause:

Blueberry

I keep seeing this title in my Updated Topics list and every time I see it I think "Wow! That's huge!" It really is a huge step. So once more  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: