A link to some Janina Fisher Resources - several pdfs with articles

Started by Hope67, May 07, 2021, 07:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

I am a hugely grateful for the work of Janina Fisher, regarding Trauma, and have just found this link that has quite a few interesting resources and things she's written:

https://janinafisher.com/resources

I hope they'll be helpful to others here.

Hope  :)

woodsgnome

Thanks for these -- I like the term "Living Legacy". We tend to regard 'legacy' in a positive light, but it can travel towards the negative quickly and become our dominant 'heritage'.

It's great to see more therapists finding c-ptsd worthy of more thorough research. At last  :applause:

Not Alone

BeeKeeper

Hope,

Janina writes about Trauma-Informed Stabilisation Treatment: A New Approach to Treating Unsafe Behaviour accompanied by a downloadable pdf. Wow! I think I'm ready for her work because just reading the introduction abstract, I was able to make connections between this subject and my upbringing. This enlarged my perceptions to make room for some compassion, and the reality of passing down trauma within generations, instead of being chronically angry because people can't give what they never had. 

Hope67

Hi Notalone, Woodsgnome and Beekeeper,
Glad you've found these things helpful.

Beekeeper, I really think that the Trauma Informed Stabilisation Treatment by Janina Fisher is amazing.  I've found her work to be really useful and it's definitely made a difference to me and the lives of all my parts. 

I'm glad you found the pdf you downloaded to be helpful, and that you related and made connections between the subject and your upbringing.  Making room for compassion too, that sounds beneficial.

Hope  :)

Gromit

Thanks for these links Hope, after having the book, 'Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors' for ages, I have finally started to read it and it makes so much sense to me.

I should come here more often to find out about free resources too.

G