1, 2, 3!

Started by Jazzy, May 11, 2021, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armadillo

Oh yay! I'm happy we are wading into providing a bit of support here! Jazzy: that's really exciting about connecting with your heritage and I feel a bit sad you've had a rough week. Cactus: good job on the healthy foods. I am not good with healthy eating. I like healthy food but I use not healthy food in an unhealthy way. Not alone I am very happy you are feeling compassionate toward your littles.

Appreciation
Mmm. I appreciate I. Um. Hmm. Ok. Wow. Lol. I'm a good mom. I appreciate that about myself. Flawed but loving. And the flaws are my busted-a%^ brain but that's getting better.

Emotion
Hurt. Really hurt.

Accomplishment
I did a presentation and panel for a pretty big audience yesterday and it went really well. Normally my brain runs away from me and I struggle to even know how to introduce myself but this time even when I was blindsided a couple times my brain stuck with me. So I actually felt really confident...but that always has an intense backlash and after maybe 30 minutes i was shaking and sobbing with shame. But I was feeling confident and that is progress. 

Not Alone

Quote from: Jazzy on June 25, 2021, 12:19:27 AM
Well done, Notalone. I like that blue, what is the colour code for it?

4DA6FF

Jazzy

Quote from: ArmadilloOh yay! I'm happy we are wading into providing a bit of support here!

Me too! Thank you for expressing this, Armadillo! It's taken me a while to grow more confident in doing things like this. I've been so afraid about how things like this may trigger someone, or may be considered inappropriate etc.

I'm really trying to set all those thoughts and fears aside, and just (re)act emotionally. I feel better when I'm supported and encouraged, so I do the same for others.

Armadillo: I'm sorry you are feeling hurt and overwhelmed with shame. I also think it is good that you are processing that and getting it out of your system. It was very helpful for me. I'm quite impressed that you held it together and did well on your presentation, and processed emotion later!

Notalone: Thank you for sharing that colour code. I looked it up and the website said it is called "Cornflower Blue". I really like that!

--

Appreciation:
I appreciate that I'm growing more confident and respecting myself more.

Emotion:
Today has been rather calm emotionally, especially compare to the last few days. I've seen my neighbour a few times today, and I'm quite bitter about how she has and continues to treat me.

Accomplishment:
I went for a walk holding my lower spine straight! Wow, that was challenging. :)

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I appreciate that my confidence is growing.

Emotion:
Mostly calm, with some bitterness towards the neighbour. Accomplished and happy to write things which have been helpful to me. Hopeful it will help others as well.

Accomplishment:
Took a number of notes about important things which will help me improve my life.

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I appreciate that my brother (chosen family) loves and supports me and understands.

Emotion:
Mostly calm and content, a few moments of irritation

Accomplishment:
got my bro to help with taking stuff to garage to clean up living room a little and am now consolidating all my health info into a notebook to keep in my purse just in case.

laurels

Appreciation:
I can be very industrious, and put that to work today. Got many things done that have been piling up.

Emotion:
There was a lot of frustration at my partner. I read his grumpy behavior  and lack of engagement today as passive aggressive, but happily I no longer immediately assume it's somehow my fault, even if I still try to keep out of his way. Also it turns out he just had a headache.

Accomplishment:
I managed to remember to take breaks and treat my body gently among all the business. Probably could still have balanced it all better but I'm proud I remembered not to push myself at all cost.

Jazzy

Wow, this is excellent Sage, and Laurels!

Appreciation:
I appreciate that my confidence is continuing to grow and that I use it to encourage others as best as I can.  :thumbup:

Emotion:
Productive and happy for the most part, as well as encouraged.  :)

Accomplishment:
Wrote out a letter to my mother. Yikes!  :aaauuugh:

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I have been able to be a little more assertive in emails lately about things not arriving on time while being reasonable about shipping times.

Emotion:
Anger at fireworks locals, joy regarding Buy Nothing group, amusement at the cats

Accomplishment:
I've managed to make sure some cluttery things get out of my house lately and request the next Dr. visit even when I don't want to go.

Jazzy

Yikes, it's been a while since I've posted here. I've been more overwhelmed than I realized... how easy it is for that to happen. Thanks for posting Sage, as it brought it in to my "Updated Topics" list.

Appreciation:
I appreciate that I'm doing better at connecting with others, with a lot of help. :)

Emotion:
Mostly peaceful, but I also dealt with a lot of challenging things, which took their toll. A bit scared at how badly I was triggered by my ex-wife's e-mail yesterday. There's nothing wrong with what she wrote, just my own mind.

Accomplishment:
I took a statement of fact as a statement of fact, not a judgement. Someone said "I don't know what you don't like about this...". Instead of feeling ashamed and shutting down, I pointed out that we were talking about different things, which was the root of the disagreement.

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I appreciate my sweet kittycats and how they know when I don't feel good.

Emotion:
joy, accomplishment

Accomplishment:
I got someone to take the pile of boxes so my living room has even MORE space in it now, and I've gone out there to watch a little tv and felt more comfy.

Jazzy

This is wonderful Sage. :)

Appreciation:
I appreciate that all of the pain I have been through leads me to become so strong and good.

Emotion:
Far too many to name individually today. Please read my journal if you would like to know more.

Accomplishment:
Today I broke through the barriers of my deepest trauma with the help of others.