1, 2, 3!

Started by Jazzy, May 11, 2021, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Appreciation: I appreciate that after everything I've been through, I'm still a good, or at least caring person.
Emotion: I felt proud of myself today for all the things I've gotten done.
Accomplishment: After years of ignoring it, I figured out why my fridge is making a ticking sound 24/7, and helped reduce it quite a bit.

Armadillo

These are so beautiful to read!

Appreciation: I'm going to copy Jazzy's. Plus 1 to being good and caring, despite.

Emotion: Peaceful. I'm feeling exceptionally peaceful lately. Present. Joyful.

Appreciation: A year ago I stole a neglected withering plant from a city planter and planted it in my garden. It was almost dead and 5 inches tall. Now it is hip high and full of flowers.

Eidolon

Appreciation: I am proud of my resilience.
Emotion: Feeling comfortable and slightly less hypervigilant than usual.
Accomplishment: I cried today. I'm thawing! Also, I watered plants.

CactusFlower

I missed yesterday because it was my birthday. LOL Today is just starting, but here's a double to make up for it.

Yesterday
Appreciation: I was able to accept the love and well-wishes of friends and chosen family.
Emotion: It was generally a cheerful day, I was happy. I did feel overwhelmed at one point because I got a visa gift card, and can't decide what to spend it on due to too many choices.
Accomplishment: I managed to eat healthy meals to somewhat offset the iced coffee in the morning and boba tea in the afternoon.

Today so far:
Appreciation: I am glad I have the opportunity and resources to be able to start healing at this point in my life.
Emotion: Still good from yesterday, just kind of a pleasant contentment as I write and have my cafecito.
Accomplishment: I brushed my hair and fed the cats.

Armadillo

Reading these still makes me smile. Thanks Jazzy!

Appreciation:
I was really truly able to support my friend going through a rough time and in doing so also prove to myself that on the main trauma and it's many arms, I am 99% healed.

Emotion:
Relief, sadness, excitement, fear because I'm starting to have a few memories that feel like memories instead of some fact that I memorized. I bet most people wouldn't get that but I think a lot of you might know what I mean.

Accomplishment:
I went running with my friend needing support and worked pretty hard (I used to run marathons, now running more than 3 minutes without walking is hard!).  I also instigated a trip to the beach with my son and his two friends and their mom I am close friends with.

Jazzy

Happy birthday CactusFlower!  :cake: All the best to you in the year to come!  Also, it's okay... I missed yesterday too. :)

Appreciation: I appreciate that I'm able to continue to learn more about how my mind works, and make changes based on what I learn to keep improving.
Emotion: I felt very encouraged today from my actions both towards myself, and others. I also feel vulnerable because I got some negative feedback, but I'm trying to believe it is because of their choices, and not a good reflection of my value as a person. I did my best to react positively, and while I probably could have done better, I did a great job compared to how I would have handled it (dissociating) in the past.
Accomplishment: Well, my ramblings above cover this too, but here's another. Someone explained something to me this morning which I was struggling to understand, then this evening I was able to return the favour and help them understand something else. Being able to connect with someone like that (mutually beneficial), is a massive accomplishment for me.

rainydiary

Appreciation: I am strong and continue to show up and work toward my dreams

Emotion: I felt sad and angry and hurt because of conflict with my husband, coworkers, and work in general.  I also felt worried about my cat because she didn't seem well this morning. 

Accomplishment: I gave students I work with my presence today

CactusFlower

Thanks, Jazzy!

Appreciation: I am in a safe enough place to do the healing work finally. I am doing what I can handle.

Emotion: I was highly amused this morning when I realized there are at least two generations that won't understand why naming a frog character in a video game "Jeremiah" is funny.

Accomplishment: I picked up some dirty laundry and took my calcium supplement.

Eidolon

Appreciation: I'm going to be able to return home hopefully soon, pleased with my calmness about it.
Emotion: Somewhat numb with bits of happiness here and there.
Accomplishment: I have an appointment today!

Jazzy

Appreciation: I appreciate that I am able to develop my artistic skills a bit. A bit is much more than I've ever been able to do before.
Emotion: I mostly feel accomplished today. I got a lot of things done.
Accomplishment: I bought one treat when I went grocery shopping today, which is healthy-ish for a treat, but still very rewarding (sweet). I think this is a good balance for me.

Armadillo

1. Appreciation
I helped a coworker

2. Emotion
Shame

3. Accomplishment
I got up in time for a 5am meeting

CactusFlower

1. Appreciation
I'm able to let go of things I no longer need.

2. Emotion
relief

3. Accomplishment
I had a glass of milk this morning with breakfast.

Eidolon

1. Appreciation
I helped someone with a packet of work at the EAC!
2. Emotion
Numbness

3. Accomplishment
I talked to a public defender and family.

Armadillo

1. Appreciation
I'm not mean

2. Emotion
Shame

3. Accomplishment
Got my son a vaccine (wrangling passwords and websites I hate)

Jazzy

Hey, I like the new style... it's less squishy!

1. Appreciation
I'm able to learn new things fairly well, not so foggy any more!   (Whew, appreciate is still difficult!)

2. Emotion
Proud - I talked to my little sister today, and she is making big changes at her workplace for the better of herself and the others.

3. Accomplishment
Repaired my fridge by swapping out a part. I did all the work myself, saving tons of money. That fridge has been loud and annoying for years. Now it's quiet! :)