1, 2, 3!

Started by Jazzy, May 11, 2021, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eidolon

Appreciation: Resiliency (reusing this one)
Emotion: I felt some anger today which moved to a type of sadness, then pride that I felt anything at all.
Accomplishment: I managed to drink water today.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm getting much better at learning to deal with interruptions.

Emotion:
Today I felt mostly accomplished, though I'm also frustrated that my ankle has been hurt going on a week or so now. I also felt connected... not sure if that's the right word, but I had a good social interaction (face to face).

Accomplishment:
I took my cat outside for the first time in years today. While I'm sure it was great for her to get out in nature, it was really good for me too, to be able to treat her better in a healthy and safe way.

Armadillo

Appreciation
I'm finding this very hard this week...But I guess I appreciate that I didn't intentionally beat myself up about my reactions this week even tho my brain did.

Emotion
Frustrated. Frustrated that this stuff happens. That it comes out of the blue. That it shouldn't happen. That it takes me out for several days.

Accomplishment
I was very unproductive today at work. But still, I did get up, I did shower (twice...is this a dissociation thing others relate to? I need to shower between transitions), I did get the kids from school, fed them, took one to swimming...so there. Basic duties achieved.

CactusFlower

1. Appreciation
I. I made a connection and found out why I feel guilty over buying myself something.

2. Emotion
allowed myself to just be joyful in the here and now.

3. Accomplishment
I made a decision after being too overwhelmed to do it previously.

Eidolon

Appreciation
I. I managed to make my way out of an emotional flashback by watching a movie.
2. Emotion
Pride/lingering sadness
3. Accomplishment
I cried in front of people for the first time in a long time. Usually I never can.

Jazzy

Wow, some great accomplishments!  :applause:  Even the ones that may not sound as great, really are. Basic things can be more challenging than the world's hardest puzzle, depending on one's mental state.

Appreciation:
I'm learning to find the positive in some things I initially feel resistance to.

Emotion:
Today was a great day, I feel happy and accomplished and proud. I'm also frustrated that the hardest part of my day is writing "Appreciation", it shouldn't be so difficult. I'm hopeful it will get easier as time goes on.

Accomplishment:
I officially published something relating to my career for the first time in over 10 years today!  ;D

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm more positive more often, and seeing more positivity in others I interact with as a result.

Emotion:
Feeling guardedly happy and appreciative that M is working on another gift. Also feeling hurt by all the past with her.

Accomplishment:
I reorganized and cleaned my office today. It helps me feel better being/working in a more organized space.

Eidolon

Appreciation:
I'm more empathetic than I was before.

Emotion:
Tentative grieving.

Accomplishment:
I had a moment with my inner child today.

Armadillo

Appreciation
I continue to help a friend while she also is helping me.

Emotion
Peace. I am happy to be back to feeling peaceful and present.

Accomplishment
I finally got around to planting my veggie garden this week. I've been meaning to do that since February.

CactusFlower

Appreciation
I am able (on occasion) to refuse to allow people to treat me poorly.

Emotion
I felt accomplished and content today

Accomplishment
I actually cooked dinner tonight, super easy fish and stuffing, instead of defaulting to a sandwich or ramen.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm really learning it's important to relax and de-stress.

Emotion:
I was very happy and encouraged today with the progress of one of my long term goals.

Accomplishment:
Ordered a custom pet tag in case my cat gets lost. She already has one with a website to help her get home, but I want a phone number too.

Eidolon

Appreciation:
Today I realized the importance of being gentle with myself. (Not rushing through trauma.)

Emotion:
Was dissociated for a lot of today because of flashbacks, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Accomplishment:
I drew today! Hoping to save up money for a laptop so I can do digital art again.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm recognizing things as they come to me, and making note of them, so I can plan ahead more. I wrote down 3 appreciations yesterday throughout the day so I don't struggle in the evenings.

Emotion:
Learned some new things today, which is a bit frustrating, but I'm also feeling good about what I have learned so far.

Accomplishment:
I did an art thing today, like Eidolon (not drawing though, that's too difficult for me still). :)

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I am slowly learning to ask for help when I actually need it, and to curb my impulse shopping when I'm bored at night.

Emotion:
Relief at making a decision.

Accomplishment:
I got out some wigs to revamp, and found I still have the secure band and the brush/combs for them, so that's a few less things to buy!

Armadillo

Appreciation
My kids love me and that means I am doing something right. So I know it's not that specific but I appreciate that I am breaking the cycle somehow.

Emotion
Sad. I'm sad about dissociation. I'm sad about so many things about that topic. And I'm happy! Because I am feeling sad that means I am letting myself feel some stuff and that means I am healing.

Accomplishment
Nah.  :fallingbricks: ;D
Ok I know the game doesn't work like that. Um. ...
I recognized that writing my accomplishment for today was making me feel really badly about myself so I am deciding I am not going to fill this one out today because it is making me feel bad. And THAT is self-care and an accomplishment.  ;D