Time to come back.

Started by Libby183, June 12, 2021, 07:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libby183

I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I recognise so many names from when I was here before. Best wishes to all of you in this ongoing struggle with our histories and current lives.

In a nutshell, I have gone through an, uncompleted, divorce, cared for a nearly ex H with a brain tumour, been bereaved, had to sell my house and lost two of my three adult children in the fall-out from all of the family drama.

I have somewhere nice to live with one of my sons and life is OK. The loss of connection with my children is so sad that I feel myself dealing again with all of my old issues.

So I would like to be part of this supportive group again, if you will have me. I may even have something to offer, because I do believe that I have made some good progress.

Thank you to Kizzie, as well. Your post about your son chimed so much with me, that it was the final push I needed to post here again.

Hope67

Hi Libby,
Welcome back, I remember you very well.  I missed you.  You have clearly been through a lot of transitions and changes, and you mentioned making some good progress too, and I am so glad to hear that you are ok.

:grouphug:

Welcome back  :hug:

Hope  :)

Not Alone

Libby, I remember you. I feel sad for what you have gone through. Glad you are going to get support here. You are always welcome.

Libby183

Thank you so much for welcoming me back. I remember you both really well, and am looking forward to catching up with your journeys.

BeeKeeper

Welcome back Libby,

I don't remember you, but it may be just a time warp. It sounds like you've been through "the hot place" and back and this is the place to come, whether you're in one piece or many. I'm certain you have a lot to share, and it's great that you want to share it with us.

:wave:

woodsgnome

:wave:

Welcome back, Libby ... yes, I recall your previous presence here, and I hope you'll find it a place of solace and refuge again; as well as being able to draw on your own albeit mixed bag of experiences along the trail since your prior visit.

Blueberry

I remember you too Libby. I smiled when I saw you on the forum when I signed on this evening. Welcome back :wave:

Libby183

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I remember you all, and have visited the forum from time to time, in between dealing with all of the practical issues I have been facing.

It's been so nice to see that everyone has been supporting each other, especially through the pandemic, as well.

Armadillo

Hi Libby, I'm new here, about a month on. i look forward to getting to know you a bit.

Libby183

Thanks, Armadillo.

I've read some of your posts, and was struck by your situation with your Mum. I found myself caring for my terminally ill husband, after he had started to divorce me.

He was a very complex person before, and he was really hard to care for. I think I did a good job. My daughter doesn't agree because I also took care of myself during his illness, which was something I hadn't done in the past. She did very little herself but criticises me, and everything I did and no longer communicates with me.

I understand how caring for someone who has contributed to your trauma, adds yet another layer of trauma to your history. It's heartbreaking.

I look forward to getting to know you better, as well.

Thank you for your welcome.