Daughter has moved house.

Started by Libby183, June 15, 2021, 08:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libby183

I feel I need to write about my feelings on this, in the hope of mastering my emotions about it.

Perhaps someone can offer some advice. That would help, I think.

My adult d went nc a couple of months ago. This was about 1 1/2 years after her F, my H, passed away. Her reason was that I had not been nice enough to him during his illness. I did my best to care for him. I had very little help and support, especially from my children, and was recovering from his decision to divorce me.

Yesterday, I heard that she had moved into the house she has bought. I guessed that she would have done, and didn't expect her to tell me. But I was still utterly battered by the news.

She has moved many times since leaving home and I helped her, at her request, every single time. Not her F, just me.

And now I don't even get informed. I don't know her address. Nothing.

I feel so terrible, so hurt, so rejected, despite my cptsd being so much better since not being with my H. I thought I was supporting her, and not being needy.

Given that the divorce, his terminal illness and death were all more layers of trauma, this rejection feels like a final straw.

How do I deal with this? Would I ever feel safe with her anyway? Would it be better just to accept that the relationship is over for good, and avoid any reminders of her?  Could she ever be comfortable with the idea that I am mentally healthier without her Dad, without that impacting on any relationship with each other.

I am starting counselling later this week. Maybe just talking to someone will help sort my feelings.