poetry section - swears?

Started by laurels, June 30, 2021, 10:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurels

Hello, I have some poems I'd like to share but I don't know if they'd be appropriate as there are swears. I know I can (and will) tag for various triggers and content warnings, can I put a "swears" warning as well (maybe in the title of the post) or should I not post them? I made the poems into graphic,s overlaying the writing with pictures, so I could also "blur"/pixelate the sweary parts?

Blueberry

Maybe you could wait till Kizzie sees this and responds?

One of the things against swearing is: once one person starts, others join in. I used to moderate, I remember.
Also swearing at the sky like, 'Oh whatever' is one thing, whereas using swears to address a person even if that person was your abuser is not the best on here though it might well do you good irl. It can be triggering to others on here.

So imo best wait till Kizzie responds.

laurels

Yes, I'm waiting, no problem. I wouldn't want to compromise the wholesomeness and safety of the forum, so just clarifying if "art" makes it ok.

Kizzie

Hey Laurels, I think that would be OK as the censor feature will * most of them and the rest maybe blur out.  As BB mentioned we found over the years that if we don't cap swearing it takes off at an alarming rate and triggers a lot of members who grew up in homes where they were sworn at.

laurels

Alright, I'll make sure to blur/cover any sweary words when I'm ready to post. Thanks!

Kizzie