Happy Canada Day!

• 3 Replies

Jazzy

• [TW] I'm Niko <3
    • View Profile
Happy Canada Day!
« on: July 02, 2021, 02:50:26 AM »
Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks!  :cheer:

I hope you've been able to take advantage of the holiday to do something positive, perhaps with friends and family! :)

I'm also sorry if the fireworks and such are upsetting for anyone. I find them a strong trigger for myself. I am currently safe in my home with my beloved cats though, so I am alright!  :yes:

:grouphug:

<3 Jazzy

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Canada Day!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »
I have to admit I wasn't quite certain whether or how to navigate Canada Day again this year, especially given all the recent discoveries of childrens' graves.  We decided not to go to anything.

I hope we can all figure this out together, it's absolutely clear to me that a lot more effort re repair and reconciliation is needed. I love this country but I don't love how it was born, in the backs and pain of so many. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 05:10:02 PM by Kizzie »

Jazzy

• [TW] I'm Niko <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 01:40:47 AM »
Kizzie,

While I don't know too much about the graves and the surrounding story, as I have made it a point to keep that extra stress out of my life right now, I completely agree with your words here. They are insightful, positive, and loving, which reflects the character I so appreciate in you.

<3 Jazzy

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
I watched the marches and see that most people were wearing orange so that is what I'll do too next year instead of red to honour the lost children and those who suffer(ed) under colonialism.