Lovely & Sweet Book

Started by Kizzie, July 07, 2021, 06:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Bought myself this book called The Boy, the Mole, the Fox & the Horse (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/0062976583?linkCode=gs2&tag=mydealioca-20).  It's just sweet and lovely and if you're looking for a little gift for yourself this is perfect  :thumbup:

From British illustrator, artist, and author Charlie Mackesy comes a journey for all ages that explores life's universal lessons, featuring 100 color and black-and-white drawings.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" asked the mole.

"Kind," said the boy.

Charlie Mackesy offers inspiration and hope in uncertain times in this beautiful book, following the tale of a curious boy, a greedy mole, a wary fox and a wise horse who find themselves together in sometimes difficult terrain, sharing their greatest fears and biggest discoveries about vulnerability, kindness, hope, friendship and love. The shared adventures and important conversations between the four friends are full of life lessons that have connected with readers of all ages.

Snowdrop

BeeKeeper

Thank you Kizzie,

Peaceful, calming, uplifting!

Kizzie

I love it because it's not directly about trauma or daily inspirational quotes or the like, it's just sweet and charming and lovely.  Highly recommend if you're looking for a gift for yourself or someone special  :yes:

bluepalm

Kizzie,

Thank you for this recommendation. I've bought this book to read and will now give it to my grand-daughters to keep. It's a comforting book that conveys important ideas with a light touch. I love the way Charlie Mackesy  leaves his working pencil marks around his delightful drawings. To me that conveys an ease in showing how we try and try again to get things right and eventually we get there and all the efforts together make the result more interesting and more human.

Kizzie

It sounds like you connected with the book in the same way I did BluePalm.  It's an awesome book for kids and grandkids I agree, my Inner Child loves it!