hello (new member intro)

Started by MistyC, July 12, 2021, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistyC

:wave: I'd like to start by saying what a blessing it was to come across this space. About a week ago I was in a crisis, felt really lost and despondent, desperate for answers to "what was wrong with me" and stumbled across OOTS and a post from someone else who described exactly what I was experiencing in that moment ... so thank you to everyone who comes here to share their stories. It makes a world of a difference and you may not ever know how something you say can change someone's day.

On one hand, I'm sorry for what happened to you that you are here, but on the other I am thankful that there are people out there who understand my brokenness.

[mild trigger warning] I am here because I've just begun to unearth my trauma as a survivor of childhood sexual trauma and bullying and a narcissist mother.  I'm at a point in my life where I can't go on keeping all this trauma buried, but it's also been scary discovering the many layers of my trauma and having to relive them to heal ...

love,
MistyC

Blueberry

Snowdrop

Welcome to this place of healing, MistyC. :wave:

woodsgnome

Hi, MistyC  :) .

I hope you will find some peace and connection here. As you say, for starters it's worth finding a site like this just to feel less alone. Sometimes recovery work can seem very futile, disturbing even; so here's hoping you'll feel free, and safe, to explore, express and feel your way towards a comfort space you've needed for quite a while.

zanzoken

Welcome MistyC.  Glad you are here with us.  :heythere:

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome to OOTS Misty  :heythere: 

Like all of us it sounds like you've been through a lot and I really hope you find info, support and even comfort being a part of this community.   :grouphug:

Hope67