Banning Members; Trolls

Started by Kizzie, July 16, 2021, 04:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I had to make the difficult decision to ban a member today because they frightened another member in PMs and was starting to make inappropriate/questionable posts here. Please know I do not do this lightly but have dealt with this kind of issue since 2014 and have learned to trust my decisions.

Sometimes it is a member who may appear supportive and friendly but starts to show who they really are as time goes on and that is what has happened in this case.  This member may or may not have been a troll but they exist on the Internet and they often take the approach of being really friendly.  Once members start to like them and relax around them they then start subtly disrupting the board and pushing boundaries & guidelines, seeing how far they can take things and what they can get away with. (Lots of vids and docs about trolls but here's a good one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDACegAYuso.)

This may or may not have been the case with this particular member but for everyone's safety I have enough concern to ban them.

Kizzie

BeeKeeper

Thanks for the sad note Kizzie.

If you're a transcript reader, or closed caption watcher, this very generously provides both. To view the transcript, there are 3 horizontal dots to the right of the word SAVE underneath the video. Two choices pop up. Report or View Transcript.

Snowdrop

Thank you for keeping us safe, Kizzie.

jamesG.1

wow, in here? Saddened to hear that. Glad you are on the case, such a shame it's even an issue.