Been lurking for quite a while.

Started by Chamomile, July 21, 2021, 12:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chamomile

Hello  :grouphug:

I've known of this site for a couple of years, but have not gotten around to posting on it. But I've been directing a few people to it from a subreddit.  :heythere:

I was diagnosed with CPTSD. Am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse by a parent; verbal, emotional, and physical abuse by another parent. And lived for a few years with a verbally abusive partner.

By the way, I really really love the format of this forum. It reminds me of older forums from early 2000s, like Aimoo. It's got a wonderful feel! Even some retro nostalgic options like the ftp one. Thank you for making this forum  :cheer:

zanzoken

Hi, Chamomile. :heythere:  I am sorry to hear of the abuse you've suffered, but glad to know that you are here with us.  I hope having been diagnosed with CPTSD means you are getting the help you need to heal from trauma and live the life you want and deserve.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you around.  :)

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, Chamomile!  :wave:

Kizzie

HI and a warm welcome to OOTS Chamomile  :heythere:   Glad you decided to post and I hope our retro style will continue to be comforting  ;D 

So sorry for all that you have endured in terms of relational abuse, it's always hard to know there are so many of us out there who have gone through horrible things most often at the hands of people who should have kept us safe.   :grouphug:

woodsgnome

Hi, Chamomile  :wave:.

I'm a former lurker myself. Once I emerged from the shadows, being here is like entering a new world. The topics and resources available here reveal promising ways out of total misery and doubt. May you benefit and find your own sense of hope as well.

BeeKeeper

Welcome Chamomile,

Lurking, becoming visible and then doing whatever feels best is fine. Glad you decided to take the risk.  :hug:

Hope67