How I developed my inner critic

Started by Widdiful Falling, April 17, 2015, 11:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widdiful Falling

I was just thinking about how peaceful my life feels since I moved away from my family at 18. One of the biggest changes is that I know I don't have to keep a mental inventory of all of my mistakes, and try to keep them from coming to light. I don't have to worry about coming home and finding my M read my journal. I'm allowed to make mistakes (and journal!) without everything blowing up in my face, because I'm not so bad of a person that I would do something to deliberately hurt someone.

I think that having to keep that mental inventory led to the creation of the ICr. In a way, it protected me. I think I now really realize how superfluous it is in my current life. I don't need protection like that from my mistakes, because I've surrounded myself with people who won't emotionally abandon me for being human.

No pressure, just be yourself. :)

Kizzie

I like that Widdiful, the idea of surrounding ourselves with people who will not abandon us for just being human.  We don't have to be perfect, we are perfect the way we are  :hug:

no_more_fear

You're right, an ICr protected us. It was the only way we could rationalise what was happening. And yeah, how peaceful out lives have become to realise it isn't needed anymore. I only woke up to things fairly recently, but already my life's a hundred times better. I'm the same as well, I can now keep that journal right on the desktop of my computer without having to worry that my M will read it. It's so great to know out thoughts won't be used against us anymore.