Emotional incest and enmeshment

Started by Finding My Voice, August 31, 2014, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badmemories

I am alright... really was surprised that I realized what the feeling was!  :hug:

Milarepa

That sounds very disturbing and disorienting.  :stars: :blink: I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I'm glad that you're figuring it out. I hope you have professional support to get you through as you make sense of what happened to you.

Are you willing to share more detail about *how* you this memory surfaced? I'm trying to decide if I want to make a project of going after memories of CSA and hearing other people's experiences has been helpful to me as I make up my mind about what to do.

Badmemories

Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert! Possible trigger alert!

For many years I had this feeling that I could NOT identify. It was a memory type feeling. even though it was a memory, physically sometimes I could feel it. I would go over it in My mind and wonder what the feeling was... It was not any feeling that I had actually felt during sexual intercourse, or any thing else that happened during sex but just a feeling down there that once in a while I would physically feel. It happened quit by accident that I discovered what had caused the feeling...but it was like a light bulb moment....

At that point I  realized what had caused that problem. as I said I do not know the who, when where... I was abused by My first step Dad so probably it was him...he has long been dead. He was in My life since I was one +. I did confront him when I was grown up... by then he was senile or playing senile so he had no idea what i was talking about!  :stars: :stars: Either he was in a state of denial OR I was nothing more than a toy for him. His father was also somewhat abusive as he used to french kiss me and my sister. Step Dad's sister I think was sexually abused.   

At this point I do not know what to do with this NEW information... maybe the inner child will reveal more to me at one point. I guess all this WORK I have been doing is causing things to stir in My brain. Maybe just recognizing this fact is healing in it own right?  :blink: :yes: otherwise I am just going to wait and see what comes up next!

Keep on keeping on!

Butterfly

Oh so terribly sorry and big hug.
:bighug:
Can think of no words.

schrödinger's cat

No words either, but I'm glad you're here and talking about it. Silence is distressing enough, if it's not voluntary. All the best for your continued recovery - it's amazing to see how much has happened in just a few weeks, and how far you've come already.   :hug:

Badmemories

@ be healthy. :hug: :bighug:

Right now that is what I am having trouble with...how much to reveal to myself. I love this group and I am seeing great progress! I have been real resistant to buying Pete Walkers book. I have been buying the books on abuse etc. I realized this week that I am STILL buying books to help me understand OTHER people and How the abuse happened! So today I finally the  a book by Pete Walker, also
DBT® Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets, Second Edition by Marsha M. Linehan PhD ABPP. although I have great links to some very good DBT/Cbt I think that it will be easier to just have a book! I need to get my printer working. but haven't. :blink:  I also ordered a journal for PS (my inner child) It was a journal that My grandaughter had and PS did not want anything else but that! so, I finally found the one she wanted  ;D. I have been trying to Play with My grandaughter more...coloring, playing games etc. I think PS likes it. Amazing how the enmeshment did not allow me to have a childhood!

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKG71ZG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2R7M2RFBOPP1

Keep on keepin on!  :bigwink: