Need good mojo/virtual hugs

Started by Wisteria777, September 03, 2021, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisteria777

Hey all,

I wrote about my elderly dog's failing health in my last post (Anxiety spiraling on Aug. 20). Well, yesterday he suddenly died here at home with me. As I wrote before, he had been up and down, but was generally doing really well for the past several days. We had called the vet to come give us an assessment of next steps, but he was doing so well we canceled the vet appointment.

Having him go on his own was truly the best thing that could have happened for him and me, but I am just broken hearted. I am extremely distraught. I think this is literally as bad as when my mother died.

My husband has been great. my my anxiety has now been replaced with a deep dispair. I just need some good thoughts right now. Thank you.

Snowdrop

I'm so sorry for your loss, Wisteria. I hear how much your dog meant to you.

I would like to offer you a hug of support, and a soft blanket to put round your shoulders. :hug:

Armee

Sending lots of good thoughts and love and comfort your way.  💛

Your grief over your dog shows beautiful things about you. Make sure to make room for acknowledging that along with the dep grief and despair.  :hug:

Blueberry

:hug: :hug: from one pet owner to another. I'm always devastated when my little animal companions die. They are true and good friends to us, accepting and loving us unconditionally with our cptsd.

Wisteria777

Thank you all! I appreciate it so much. It's going to take a long time to begin to heal.

Kizzie

Oh dear Wisteria, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog.  :hug: