Intro Post

Started by willowbranch, September 05, 2021, 10:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willowbranch

Hello!

I found myself about a year ago being told by doctors I that I had PTSD and that was an entire awakening. I always lived under the assumption that I had a not so great childhood but didn't really have any memories of it. I started therapy, and trauma therapy (prolonged exposure) l I have read "Complex PTSD: from surviving to thriving". I am most of the way through "the body keeps the score"

I know I have a lot of neglect and abuse in my history from my family. I am still picking up the pieces and seeing what is there. And trying to figure out what life looks like now. I have 3 dogs and am married (6years now!) . child free by choice. I have been trying to unravel a sense of self through art and journaling. and learning everything I can about neuro-plasticity. Its been a journey for sure. but I look forward to doing more of the healing work.

-Thanks!

woodsgnome

Sorry to hear of your rough journey to this point. Seems, though, that you're determined to move forward to creating a new work of art -- a more peaceful, comfortable self. I hope so, and I hope being here will provide a boost as you continue to develop a new way.

Welcome to OOTS :hug:

Armee

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS WillowBranch  :heythere:  It sounds like you're well underway in your recovery.  I hope being here will help you on your journey.

Bermuda

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum!  :heythere:

Dante

Hope67

Hi willowbranch,
Welcome to the forum.   :heythere:
Hope  :)

Larry