having severe physical symptoms since a re-trauma episode

Started by marti.325, September 26, 2021, 05:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marti.325

I haven't been on this forum in awhile. I was doing well. But since a visit with a friend in another state and the subsequent rupture, I have been suffering with light-headedness (dizziness?), tightness in my chest, and weakness. That's been 2 or 3 days out of 2-3 weeks. And many more days of severe fatigue. Today I am getting light-headed again. I did some spiritual work this morning, being gentle with myself as I realized that I've been irritable and am not physically gentle with myself. I took a long hot shower, at French Toast with honey for my Inner Child, and still the physical symptoms. I tried my Adult Child meeting, but I'm sick of those people. Actually, that's when I had to admit that my Outer Critic ({Pete Walker) was active. I read some of his book, too. I've had a few minutes of sobbing about my trauma.
I come to why I came here in the first place. I wondered if anyone here has had a good experience with the workbook, "Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach To Regaining Emotional Control And Becoming Whole" by Arielle Schwartz. I don't like case studies, of which there's 3, as I can't always identify.
So thank you for reading this far and I hope to hear from you. I figured this was the best place to go since you know about cPTSD.

rainydiary

Marta, I'm glad to hear from you.  This sounds like a tough day where you have done a lot of things to care of yourself.  In my experience listening to myself like you are doing tends to help over time even if it doesn't seem like it at first.  I will be thinking of you as you continue to provide yourself with care. 

marti.325

Thank you for your kind response, RainyDiary.
I've had one or two good days.
Still sad and lots of fatigue. Frustrating, but I'm navigating.
Staying cozy and warm today.

:hug:

johnram

Hi Marti.325

i havent read the books by Arielle, but do follow her on youtube and her videos are good, just thought i would share

Quote from: marti.325 on October 03, 2021, 06:00:31 PM
Thank you for your kind response, RainyDiary.
I've had one or two good days.
Still sad and lots of fatigue. Frustrating, but I'm navigating.
Staying cozy and warm today.

:hug: