Binge eating

Started by smindia1981, October 08, 2021, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smindia1981

Hello everyone
   I had been having a good run, until a few days back when I binged. I feel out of control those times. Due to my profession,  I feel a lot of pressure to get in shape. I am almost in shape but I still have some belly fat to go and its so difficult.  I waa doing well,  eating well.  Exercising properly without over training. And then suddenly I binged
A few cookies. A few spoons of Nutella. Little bit here. A little bit there. I feel miserable.  I feel shame. Guilt. As if I am stealing my family's better future away
Since we are facing considerable financial uncertainty , its crucial that I can get paid more if I lose the fat
I am working hard.
I wish I could seek therapy
I do intend to when I have more financial security.
I don't want my children to be like me.
My family is all I have and its killing to think that my eating issues are cheating my kids of a brighter future.
Any suggestions regarding binge eating.
I notice I over work and then lose track of time to eat properly and then go eat crap.
I also find myself delaying my breakfast to avoid eating. I did try intermittent fasting but it didn't benefit me. I also read somewhere that it's not good for people who have food related issues.
Any help is welcome and appreciated.
Anyone with any tips about managing binge eating?
☹😓

Dante

Hi smindia1981, I wish I could tell you something to help, but I BBC any except to say you're not alone.  The work I'm doing has been helping my progress in healing, but it's escalated my anxiety to the point where I'm eating like 5,000 calories a day.  You're not alone!

smindia1981

Quote from: Dante on October 08, 2021, 06:16:59 PM
Hi smindia1981, I wish I could tell you something to help, but I BBC any except to say you're not alone.  The work I'm doing has been helping my progress in healing, but it's escalated my anxiety to the point where I'm eating like 5,000 calories a day.  You're not alone!

@dante
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply back.
What you said does make sense.
Sorry to hear how much food has impacted your life as well.
I am trying to be kind and patient with myself.  I feel that helps me in navigating through troublesome emotions.
It has to do with impulse control as well.
I guess slow and steady!🤷‍♀️
Thanks again for reverting back
Wish you more healing and peace.