Thanksgiving

• 5 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanksgiving
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:31:06 PM »
Here in Canada it's Thanksgiving and I was thinking about what I'm grateful for.  There's a lot I'm not grateful for as a RT survivor but there are things to be grateful for now. 

My H and I are in Nova Scotia visiting our son who is in 1st yr medicine and it's awesome to be with him after almost two yrs apart. We all had a tough 1-1/2 yrs but are all doing much better and it's so pleasant to be spending time together. Our son had to take a leave of absence from med school last yr due to depression but is absolutely thriving now. 

Fall is glorious here, with the brilliant orange and red trees I miss so much, in Alberta the trees are mostly yellow,  Then there's the ocean, can't get enough of it!

If it's Thanksgiving where you are, I hope you have some things to be grateful for too.  :)

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 04:42:45 PM »
Thanks, Kizzie, for sharing the vibes. Autumn in Nova Scotia can be spectacular.

One of the greatest things I'm thankful for was discovering this website/forum shortly after it started. It's been eye-opening if a wee bit hard to swallow what we've endured and try to live in cptsd's aftershocks.

So here's hoping this day (Indigenous Day in some parts of North America) can point towards better times for all who come here, even (or especially) when we plod on through the gloomier times.

:grouphug:

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
Well said, woodsgnome.  :)

Kizzie, I'm glad you're out in Nova Scotia having a break and that your H is obviously capable of travelling again. Love those colourful trees!

It isn't Thanksgiving here, except in a general way throughout the fall in churches. What am I grateful for? Living in a country where compared to other places med. insurance pays a lot of therapy. Living in a rich country, comparatively-speaking, where climate changes are not yet really wreaking havoc. Having a garden/yard I can go and work in.

BeeKeeper

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 05:48:35 PM »
Kizzie,

It's wonderful you, your husband and son are together, at long last. And Nova Scotia? That's fantastic! Being with loved ones makes the world brighter, as if it's not colorful enough with the glorious colors. Hallelujah!

Grateful the sun is shining today and the world is "all right with me." Thanks for the foresight and continued energy you dedicate to the forum.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »
Tks Bee, Woodsgnome & BB!  Beautiful weather here so far, warm enough for short & Ts while apparently there was snow in Alberta. Mountains there will be beautiful now, a little plain Jane without the white stuff.

I wanted to add that I am so grateful for all of you here, the validation, support, comfort and shared experiences. I knew there were others like me out there or rather I hoped there were.  Disappointing just how many mind you, but lovely and healing that we have one another now.  :grouphug:

Armee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »
Happy belated Thanksgiving, Kizzie and other Canadian readers! I'm so happy you got to travel and be with your little family. And so grateful for the community you've made for us here and the expertise you share.