Learning to heal, Larry's journey

Started by Larry, October 20, 2021, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

the last few days have been good,   i really want to keep it going.   i appreciate everyone here,   thank you for all the support.   it really means a lot to me,   i hope to be able to return the support soon.   

Hope67

Hi Larry,
Glad to hear things have been good.  Whatever today is like, I send you some sunshine too  :sunny:

It's raining a lot where I am right now, but imagining some sunshine!

Hope  :)

Larry

I have been doing ok,  still have some struggles with a few things.  I'm trying to stay positive.  I don't know if therapy is the answer,  maybe,   I am just afraid to try right now.  I have been doing much better with drinking.  I would still like to drink less,  but I haven't been over drinking so much and I have been doing less self harm.   

sanmagic7

rainydiary

Larry

thank you san magic and rainy,    today was good,   worked a little and went to the gym.    stopped by the local bar for a drink,  sometimes i ask myself why i even go there.   i think i just need friends,   made dinner when i got home,   my wife has been up and down with her drinking.   it is so hard when i come home and she is drunk.   I am trying to learn how to sto the negative feelings.    it doesn't always work.   sometimes i just feel out of place and un wanted.   

Hope67

Hi Larry,
:sunny:  Glad to hear you had a good day and hope the gym was enjoyable. 

Hope  :)

Larry

things got really bad friday night,  police were invloved,   and of course alcohol,    my wife and i decided to quit drinking,  today is day 2.   I really want this,   and i feel determined,   i just don't know if I am strong enough.   

Armee

Sending love for your journey. You'll need support, hon.

Larry

I made it through day 2.   My "friends" were suppose to watch a football game with me,  and they ditched me.    Looks like i don't really have friends.   Today is day 3 without alcohol.   Doesn't seem like much,   but it is a start.    I am trying to find support,   maybe i need to find a friend first.   I am trying to stay positive,   but feeling really depressed today.

Blueberry

You reached out on here where you get support, even if not necessarily immediately. So that's a step you took for yourself.

Day 3 without alcohol :thumbup:

I get being depressed because among other stuff that's what I am too. Today is 24 hours. Things might be better tomorrow, just a bit at least. Is there anything you can do today which could be faintly enjoyable or at least not further depressing? Might help you through today. Anything - watching youtube videos of animal antics is enjoyable for me. Wrapping self up in warm blanket.

Larry

thank you so much for the support blueberry,   I am going to work soon,   just for a few hours,   and maybe go to the gym after that.   Just trying to get motivated this morning.   

Armee

Keep going, for you and your wofe! One day at a time, one decision point at a time.

Larry