Learning to heal, Larry's journey

Started by Larry, October 20, 2021, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

thank you rainy !   I had a bit of an emotional meltdown last night,  but i feel much better today,  going to make it a good day !

sanmagic7

Larry

today was nice,   i did drink more than i wanted too,   but i didn't over do it.   i had a good time,  that doesn't seem to happen as much as i would like.   i have a session on tuesday.   my T referred me to a doctor that might help with some meds.    i can't believe i am even considering meds,   but i don't want to use alcohol anymore.   i just want to feel normal

Moondance

:bighug:

Your doing it - I'm so glad your pushing thru it all

:)

Larry

I have been hacing a hard time the last few weeks,   I had a session last week,  my next session is 3 weeks away,   I made an appointment with another doctor,   i want to try some meds,   but the earliest appointment was 5 weeks away.   the only "friend" that i could talk to has not been returning calls or texts.   I feel really hopeless.   the negative thoughts just take over.   i have been looking for some kind of support group.  I live  on a small island,  there is not much here.   i don't know why it is so hard to find a friend,   i am really trying not to hurt myself,   but i don't know what else to do right now

Armee

I'm sorry, Larry.  :hug: it's not ok to have to go 3 weeks between therapy with what you are dealing with. Will the new T be able to see you more regularly soon? Hang in there for that med appointment. 5 weeks isn't long considering how long you've been going for already. It'll be here before you know it.

Moondance

I'm so sorry you are struggling Larry.

My supportive thoughts are with you.

If okay I send you a safe virtual hug  :hug:

Larry

thank you moondance,   i am just dissappointed right now,   i didn't want to drink today,   i feel like if i don't,  i might do other sh things

sanmagic7

hang tough, larry, ok?  one day at a time, just think about getting thru today in the least harmful way possible.  the weeks will take care of themselves - all we have to do is take care of one day, then one day, and so on.  love and hugs :hug:

Larry

thank you everyone,   I am feeling better,   i don't know what happened,  or why i get that way.

rainydiary

It is ok to have ups and downs.  I hope that in the long run they can level out a bit so it doesn't feel so extreme.

Larry

Armee

Thinking of you and hoping you are safe.  :grouphug:

Larry

thank you armee,    I have been ok,  trying to break this pattern i seem to get stuck in.   I did some gardening this morning and might go to the gym this afternoon.   sometimes i feel like i have to really work hard to fight off negative thoughts and depression,   I have an appoinment with a doctor on june 19th,   hoping maybe some meds might help even things out a little.

sanmagic7

i hope meds will help, larry.  keep fighting.  the ups and downs seem to be kind of normal, no rhyme or reason.  i give you a lot of credit for trying to break unhealthy patterns.  i'm a gardener, too, and find it to bring a sense of grounding.  hang tough, ok?  love and hugs :hug: