scared

Started by Larry, October 21, 2021, 01:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

A walk is nice, you could also consider trying yoga nidra. Just lay down somewhere with some headphones and see what you think? https://jenniferraye.com/blog/free-guided-meditation-yoga-nidra

It's not yoga poses it's just paying attention to your body quietly and relaxing. I usually fall asleep while doing it.

Larry

thank you Armee,  that sounds like it would be relaxing,  i also want to learn more about meditating, 

dollyvee

Hope your walk went well Larry. I'm four hours ahead of you and woke up stressed about work , saw your message and fell back asleep. It's the worst not knowing what to do with yourself at night - hope you're having a good day.

dolly

Larry

thank you dolly !   i rode my motorcycle,  had a good time,  i did have 6 drinks today,  at home now,  and i really want a few more.  i don't know why,  but it seems to be the only thing that makes me feel good.  i know it is temporary,  but it is working for now.  my session was canceled yesterday,  rescheduled for friday.  i feel like i need to stay drunk until then

dollyvee

The not knowing is tough, especially when you're going through so much and it sounds like you're going through changes with how you approach things which can be scary too. My T recommended boxing to me which was great. Working out is a good way to keep focused and not think about things too much for a bit.

Larry

there is a gym on our island,  i have been wanting to join.  i have had the papers filled out for 2 weeks.  maybe today,  would be way better than sitting at a bar !

Larry

anyone here ?  i really need help

Armee

:wave:

This is hard! What's going on tonight?

Larry

i am having a hard time,  feeling unwanted and rejected.  i don't know what to do

Armee

I'm sorry Larry. Those are tough feelings. Many of us suffer with them. One thing I've learned is that these tough emotions come in waves. Right now this wave is knocking you over. Sleep, walk, do yoga, beg a friend to sit with you, or go to an ER. This wave will pass. This wave will pass. This wave will pass. It will feel different tomorrow.

Armee

Is there anyone you trust that you can cal and just say "I don't feel okay and I need someone to watch a movie with me. It's really important." If not, call emergency services.

Larry

thank you armee,  i feel a little better this morning.   i think i was flashing back to being abandoned, 

Blueberry

That's a really painful place to flash back to.

Larry

i don't know what triggered that,  but i didn't like it.  it cam eout of nowhere,   just glad it is over for now