Does anyone else feel like it’s impossible to get a drivers license?

Started by Laura666, September 22, 2021, 11:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura666

Despite having to be financially and just generally independent in life as far as basic survival, I have always had this feeling of inability to accomplish normal things.

I am 33 and simply cannot imagine being able to learn how to drive and pass a drivers test and feel confident enough to operate a massive piece of machinery without messing up and potentially  injuring myself or others. Does anyone else have an overwhelming defeatist attitude about fundamental adult responsibilities?

Dante

Yes!!!!  Very much so.   I struggle most days to just get out of bed.  I have a job, but I find in meetings, but can't even pay attention to what's being discussed.  Laundry piles up,  dishes in the sink, and I can't remember the last time I cleaned the bathrooms.

I read awhile ago that we should get credit for the effort it takes just to show  up, which other people take for granted.  I'm trying to embrace that.

Larry

sometimes what seems so basic,  can be the hardest thing i do all day.  not sure why.  but you are not alone.  i hope you had a good day and a better day tomorrow !

Blueberry

Laura, I can't drive at all and I'm way older than you. I'm not sure that it's a defeatist attitude in my case though. More fear. Also partially realistic. Definitely mixed up with trauma, even if others with cptsd can drive / get a license. imo everybody's gone their own special 'brand' of cptsd even if there are lots of common features.

Like Dante, I often struggle with really basic things like getting out of bed in the morning. You are not alone. :hug: