Elpha's New Pieces

Started by Elphanigh, December 21, 2021, 07:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

San, I definitely hate it as well. It is tough to have things like this postponed. I have had a harder time coping with things because the sort of end date I had for the physical pain no longer exists. I am glad they are being thorough because the secondary issue is likely the thing causing me the most physical pain. So if I have to choose I want to fix that one first. Truly hoping they will do both surgeries at once because it is possible but knowing it is going to be tough to make that happen.  :hug:

Armee

:hug:

I'm sorry it is more complicated requiring 2 surgeries and that the pain of the fibroid and associated issue will be with you for longer than you had planned.

Blueberry

:bighug: :bighug: to you Elpha as you wait for a new Op date. I hope they can do it all at once.

Elphanigh

Thank you both  :hug: :grouphug:

I am hoping they will do both at once too. Get both pains and sets of symptoms gone as soon as possible. The second issue, we think, is my gallbladder acting up. When we originally were doing tests they did an ultrasound of it that appeared normal but found the fibroid (fibroid is basically the size of a softball so hard to miss...). So they stopped doing tests on my gallbladder despite the areas of pain I was having. Now, with increased frequency and intensity they are finally going to (hopefully) do other tests on it.

I see a doctor this morning that will hopefully be able to order that test....

sanmagic7

good luck with the doc, and hoping both surgeries can be done at once, my dear el.  right beside you as you go thru this.  love and hugs :hug:

Elphanigh

Thank you so much San  :hug:

The doctor yesterday believes all four things we have thought are wrong with my stomach are all probably co-occurring. So I have a new medication, a major diet change, a 2.5 hour long scan for my gallbladder scheduled (Monday), and had to turn down having surgery today. They offered to do the initial surgery this morning as planned but I had to turn it down until I know more about the secondary issue.

I am just trying to be patient and as grounded as possible through all of this.

Armee

Blueberry

:hug: Despite further delay, I hope a little more clarity on the medical front is helpful.

Hope67

Hi Elpha,
I hope the scan goes ok on Monday.  I hope that you're able to relax a bit over the weekend, and keep as grounded as you can.   So much to deal with, but hopefully they'll be able to come up with a good plan, once more is known about the secondary issue.

Hope you're ok.  :hug:

Hope  :)

Elphanigh

Thank you all!!  :grouphug:

Tomorrow is the day I will hopefully have some more information. I get a Hida scan at 8am (will not be fun but not bad). Then I will hopefully know if my gallbladder is the source of this issue. As soon as that is confirmed I should be able to reschedule my initial surgery and a gallbladder surgery

Not Alone

Armee

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and am glad the procedure won't be a particularly triggering one.

I hope that this gives an answer and a solution to your pain.

Not Alone

Saying a prayer for you this morning, Elpha.

CactusFlower

Hoping your scan goes well!

Elphanigh

Thank you everyone  :grouphug:

The scan was pretty painless, albeit boring. It meant laying in one position for 2.5 hours with nothing to listen or watch. Definitely dull but pretty uneventful and non-triggering. Sadly, I was feeling well yesterday and the scan came back normal. This puts me back like 5 steps and I have to hope my doctors will be understanding and do something for symptoms despite a clear test. I am in pain today (this pain cycles and yesterday was part of a lull)  and probably will be for a few days at least. I have left a message and am waiting to hear back.  I am putting a surgery on hold to hopefully figure this set of pain out.. in hopes of avoiding  this getting bad while I am already in pain from another surgery.. Hoping they can do both at once.. My family history shows that this is an issue that happens and needs taken care of but I am not sure how much they will care about that.

Last night, after finding this out, was difficult because I was so excited for a solution and instead I get more issues to solve. It has been months (I started this in August) and I am exhausted from it. Sort of at the end of my ability to keep fighting, advocating, and being in pain.... Yet, I keep going the best I can.