Podcast on Narcissistic and Borderline PDAbuse

Started by Armee, January 29, 2022, 04:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

I recently listened to this podcast on narcissistic abuse and really liked it. It talked about it as trauma. It is geared for therapists and talked about the importance of recognizing the underlying significance and pattern in examples of the abuse that may come up in therapy. I found it to be validating.

I'll also note that I get irritated that people never seem to address Borderline PD abuse alongside narcissistic abuse. The damage is the same and the abuse tactics are the same. It's just that the motivation is different which in some ways makes it harder to escape. So I tagged this as being a podcast on Narcissistic Abuse and Borderline PD abuse even though Borderline PD is not discussed in the podcast, but I think it applies as well to people suffering from Borderline abuse.
https://baltimoreannapolispsychotherapypodcast.libsyn.com/313-narcissistic-abuse-with-brenda-stephens

Kizzie

Tks for the link and your thoughts Armee.

I am finding myself almost tired of hearing about N abuse these days (tons of survovrs tweeting about it on Twitter), and that's a really good thing in some ways.  It means there's lots out there about it finally!  After so many years, decades really, in my life of not knowing what was going on I've arrived at a place where I know exactly what happened and why and even what to do about it.  That's a LOT of progress for me and every survivor out there and there are a LOT.

Still working with Squarespace to get an index in place for the blog by the way.  It's not a simple process, or not for me anyway. It's become a challenge though so eventually/hopefully I will triumph.