Hello

Started by StartingHealing, April 21, 2022, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

I do not remember if I have posted in the into or not.  If I did, I apologize.  Don't really know what the deal is with me, I can say that I was adopted, and have had other traumas.  Currently attempting to put myself back together from many years of being in a relationship with a spouse that appears to have a personality disorder and all the stuff that happened before then.

I'm glad to be here.

Cheers

Armee

Welcome. PDs really can be quite difficult and damaging.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Starting Healing, glad you found your way here  :heythere:

My family suffered from NPD which is how I came to develop Complex PTSD and there are many who are here because of someone's PD. I do also want to mention our sister site Out of the FOG which is for people struggling with someone's PD - lots of info, tools and strategies.  It's where I first started but then realized I needed a forum to help with my Complex PTSD and here I am.  OOTF helped me so much, especially in understanding it wasn't me that had the problem and how to deal with N's in general.

Anyway you may want to look at joining them as well. 

StartingHealing

Quote from: Armee on April 22, 2022, 02:32:41 AM
Welcome. PDs really can be quite difficult and damaging.

Oh yes.  I'm moving more out of the fog and as I do there is more, and more, I find.

StartingHealing

Quote from: Kizzie on April 22, 2022, 04:08:44 PM
Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Starting Healing, glad you found your way here  :heythere:

My family suffered from NPD which is how I came to develop Complex PTSD and there are many who are here because of someone's PD. I do also want to mention our sister site Out of the FOG which is for people struggling with someone's PD - lots of info, tools and strategies.  It's where I first started but then realized I needed a forum to help with my Complex PTSD and here I am.  OOTF helped me so much, especially in understanding it wasn't me that had the problem and how to deal with N's in general.

Anyway you may want to look at joining them as well.

I found this space from Out of the Fog.   

Still unpacking, you know?

Kizzie

Oh good, glad to hear you've been to Out of the Fog.  So much easier to deal with someone with a PD once you know what they're about and how to untangle.   Dealing with CPTSD on the other hand is or can be a long road which fortunately we don't have to travel alone no that there are forums, groups, resources, treatment, etc.   

Hope67

Hi StartingHealing,

Welcome. :heythere:
Hope  :)

Not Alone