Political Leaders with NPD

Started by Kizzie, July 08, 2022, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Quote from: dollyvee on September 20, 2022, 09:36:25 AM
I'm sorry too that your family members didn't listen to you. Well, not just didn't listen to you but basically denied your experience.
Thank you for this and for your other words of commiseration and validation. My family mbrs still don't listen to me and continue to deny my experience  - on everything really. Even when I don't say anything, they, especially my M, come with some remark that tells me they're negating anything I've ever said e.g. about my present financial situation or work situation. That's the ongoing abuse I've been posting about elsewhere and that I've finally confronted my parents on via email. Idk whether they've even read it yet, but they will sometime.

Sending you good thoughts and support while you're reeling from that video, dollyvee. I'm managing to compartmentalise it somehow and not reel. Not sure how, but it's good when I manage. 

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on September 20, 2022, 12:44:54 PM
And you're so right BB, most of us have gone along with "it's just the ugh - gotta protect the wrong-doer from their feelings" for a variety of reasons. 
It wasn't clear but with this quote I was actually referring to FOO mbrs, like my B, finding it necessary to protect the perpetrator from her feelings in case they led her to commit suicide if I ever confronted her.
That we end up 'protecting' the wrong-doers by not confronting has other reasons I believe.

Quote from: Kizzie on September 20, 2022, 12:44:54 PM
I don't read or watch much of the news these days but I have seen more stories than ever before about the Royal Family and colonialism which = oppression and abuse no matter how it is prettied up with flags and ceremonies and seemingly good intentions. Colonizing is really just a case of taking what isn't yours.

The RF is another example of just how difficult it is/has been to recognize abuse when it is cloaked behind 'goodness' and given a certain immunity like the church for example.  ...

I know on a couple of trips by the royals to various colonies over the past year or so they were not spared from having to talk about colonialism - awkward!  And while I see Prince Andrew is worming his way back into some aspects of his former life, I wonder to what extent he will be accepted again. Hopefully he's tainted forever with the ick factor that renders him untouchable as a Royal at the very least.
Amen to all of this.

For a completely different reason I was checking something about the Island of Mauritius, an ex-colony and saw that as late as 1965 the UK grabbed an archipelago in the run-up to Mauritius gaining independence, just to continue to have a finger in the land-pie in that part of the world. I'm disgusted. No offence to any Brits on here - I'm one too, in my way. The UN has said it should be given back.

It's good that the Royals are having to talk about colonialism. I'm glad they are being confronted with this awkwardness.

Kizzie

I did have a complaint about this thread because it's talking about politics.  It's actually about politicians with NPD than politics so I am going to let the thread stand.

This isn't about politics by the way, it's a comment on politicians who suffer from NPD and the abuse they can inflict once in power. Anyone who grew up with an N can spot them a mile away and politics seem to attract them sadly.  They can talk a good story and be charming as * when they want to, but underneath it's all about them, what they want. We see that right away whereas many others fall for it.

Blueberry

The complaint is rather interesting to me because actually I had been worried about my posts going too far off NPD politicians or other society leaders like RF! Realisations about RF was helping me make realisations about my own FOO and I felt it was important to write that.

Kizzie

We may have wandered over the line here and there BB, but mostly we have kept things to the abuse and chaos N leaders and their flying minions are causing our democracies.  It's the character (or lack thereof) of these people more than their politics we're getting at.

It's a bit like feeling you can't say anything about Scientology for example because you are trampling on religion and faith when clearly there is a LOT of abuse going on that needs to be talked about, brought out into the light.  Lots more examples but mainly it's any group/person who cloaks behind something to keep the abuse hidden, a topic to be avoided. Politicians are right up there IMO.   

Blueberry

No actually I was worried that my posts might have gone a bit off-topic in the sense that I was writing how the NPD politicians' behaviour reminds me of FOO and then I went on to describe FOO actions on here and thought that was a little off-topic!  ;)

Kizzie