evidence for usefulness SSRI?

Started by Blueberry, August 09, 2022, 04:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

I recently saw this linked on BBC news: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2022/jul/no-evidence-depression-caused-low-serotonin-levels-finds-comprehensive-review

I don't have the knowledge to figure out whether it could be true or not. But could be interesting for those of you who don't think their meds are working.

Kizzie

Tks so much for this link BB.  My GP and I are trying to work out whether I should go off SSRIs entirely or try again to work up to tolerating more Zoloft because it shows the most success for PTSD and CPTSD.  We're just holding at 25 mg for right now hoping to finally get some help from a psychiatrist to inform what we do.  Did manage to get an appointment for October 2 -  a long way off.

Anyway, very helpful to have credible research like this so again tks so much.  :hug:

Kizzie

My appointment with the psychiatrist was moved to Aug 26th so not as long a wait. 

I have to say I have lost a lot of faith in mental health/medical professionals lately, especially when I read articles like this one BB shared or ones about the denial that SSRI withdrawal can be bad, or the whole opioid crisis Purdue started.

So, we'll see what this psychiatrist has to say but I am not going simply accept whatever that may be.     

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on August 12, 2022, 02:07:42 PM
So, we'll see what this psychiatrist has to say but I am not going simply accept whatever that may be.   

Your strength is showing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: