Validation & Hope

Started by Krinicole, September 15, 2022, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krinicole

My recent journey helped me find this website as well as a therapist who is two hours away and specializes in women's trauma. I just had my first session, and as soon as it was over I started crying because I finally found someone who validated everything I've felt my entire life. Teletherapy is not my first choice, but I don't care. Finding a therapist who asked me all the right questions and clearly understands what trauma looks like and how it impacts every aspect of your life, felt, well, like feelings I've never experienced; validation, honest to goodness hope, and the belief that I really can move my life forward in a constructive and healthy way, She confirmed that I'm doing all the right things to eventually heal from complex ptsd.

The past year discovering what's happened to me has been excruciating largely because I can now see the damage I've done to my children, my partner and his daughter, my ex-husband and myself. Mending those relationships (yes, even with my ex-husband) are what is most important to me. Becoming content with my life is a close second. I'm on the right path and I'm beginning to understand that I'm far stronger than I've ever felt.

Validation feels like a gift to me, and I believe that it will continue giving to me for the rest of my life. The healing process sucks, but i can see the potential rewards now. I'm so very grateful for everything right now. 

Thanks to everyone in this group for sharing your struggles, setbacks and successes with cptsd. Feeling validated is amazing! Hope is real!!!

woodsgnome

Validation and hope  :yeahthat: -- congratulations for finding two of the essential keys to unlocking the mysteries you've been working so hard to open.

It'll never get easier, but as you've discovered, the after-effects are indeed worth it. Finding a therapist willing to be fully with and for you, and not off on some separate agenda, is also a great sign. And it's a tribute to your own fortitude that has brought you to this new horizon where yes, there is hope -- despite how bad it all once seemed.

The journey goes on, and I hope you will unearth more of the good stuff as you continue the journey.