Unlikely As It May Beam, We Glow

Started by sanmagic7, October 10, 2022, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

i wrote a lot of poems when i lived in mexico, in the midst of confusion, illness, and depths of despair.  i think that's why my wordplay came out the way it did.  at any rate, here's one of them:

Unlikely As It May Beam, We Glow

There is a bright shining within
   and surround us, although it's not
       always squeezy to peel.
     Sometimes it rides a wave of
  forlorn, or drives the pavement of
    unlikely.  Nonetheless, in the
   starkest of towers, our light will
   grow the way.  We only need to
       trust and swallow it.

rainydiary

Thank you for sharing your creation - I love the mention of light as I am so drawn to light in my life.

Blueberry

Mary Ann

Thanks so much for sharing this.
Beautiful words, and I especially love the line about riding a wave of forlorn.

woodsgnome

Thanks, San!

There's so many times, and ways, the realization of that inner light flickers back into and despite our endless mind chatter. There aren't many good definitions of how this happens, we just feel and realize its presence when it happens. Your words (hooray for wordplay!) speak as well as any ever have.

It may not seem like much, yet when that light flickers on again, it can bring forth that enduring sense of light you speak of.

:hug:

sanmagic7

you know, thank you all so much for your words, whether they be of appreciation or self-meaning.  you all touched me deeply. :grouphug:

Bach

That's really evocative.  And it makes me want to write.  I don't feel that way very often anymore.

:hug:

sanmagic7

hey, bach, i sure hope you'll be able to find a way to go for it.  i've discovered so many facets of me thru writing.  and, thanks for sharing. :hug: