Core Self Exercise

Started by rainydiary, October 22, 2022, 08:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainydiary

Hello All,

I am working on the exercise outlined at the website below and wanted to share the link in case it was supportive to anyone else.

https://neuroclastic.com/who-am-i-printable-resource-for-connecting-with-your-core-self/?fbclid=IwAR2lDM9yqysAEHRgloKu6PqCgfI39QjOhiCy99A5KRn1VfARHN3QjcrLugU

Bach

Hi rainy,

Thanks for sharing that.  I tried doing it and found it really difficult.  I couldn't finish the worksheet even once.  But I haven't been feeling well and my general mental state is pretty negative at the moment, so I'm going to try it again at another time when I have a different attitude and see what happens.  It might be interesting.  I have almost no sense of who I am that actually belongs to me.  I am only defined for myself by what people who are important to me want or need me to be, and that's really uncomfortable.

rainydiary

I appreciate you sharing about your experience with this. 

I am most interested in this as identity is something very confused for me.  I tried doing it with my family in mind and the answers that came aren't really things I actually identify with.  That made me feel a lot of things.

I am thinking of you.

paul72

thanks for sharing this rainy  :grouphug:
I've printed a few copies. I can't think of a single thing to note, but I'm going to try.
Maybe with practice, I'll eventually get there ... seems like a very worthwhile exercise to try!

rainydiary

Thanks Phil - it is really hard.  I am currently grieving how long I've gone without understanding my own identity. 

I am also reflecting that having so many steps to complete as outlined on the website may be overwhelming. 

I also find the worksheet a bit confusing. 

But I think it is a possible way to check in with oneself on this topic.