My Art

Started by DogMan, November 26, 2022, 02:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogMan

I have started skimming recovery journals, and will reply to others' threads once I get a bit more comfortable

The day that I was born in 1979, my mother had an astrology chart made

Everything pointed to creativity

Growing up, I was good at most things in school, I loved science and maths, and got A's. But all that was ever encouraged was Art, based off an astrology chart

Kids are impressionable. I bought into it wrongly as MY dream, when it wasn't. I did a bachelor degree at Monash University, and an honours year at Australian National University

Armee

I'm sorry you were pushed into thinking this was YOUR dream. And yet you really are incredibly talented. These are amazing.

DogMan

Quote from: Armee on November 26, 2022, 03:13:22 AM
I'm sorry you were pushed into thinking this was YOUR dream. And yet you really are incredibly talented. These are amazing.
It's just practice. Natural talent is a myth

And focus on big goals was a trauma response in my 20s.

But thanks

Papa Coco

Wow, Dogman,

Just wow. Your art is beautiful!  I can feel it in my body and soul.

I don't' completely agree with your comment that it just takes practice. I wonder if you're minimizing your personal value here.

I can taste the difference in food that's cooked by someone who cooks to eat, versus someone who cooks because they love cooking, and I can feel the difference in art that was taught in a classroom versus what came out of a person's deepest inner soul.

The art you've shared here is far, far deeper than what comes out of a lot of art schools. To me it feels like your soul is connected to your body through your brush.

I'm seriously impressed. Please believe me. I'm not saying this to be nice. I'm seriously impressed.