Q regarding these journals

Started by storyworld, January 31, 2024, 04:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyworld

Hello, all,
I remember a discussion regarding member journals a while ago, and my memory says they are private and that only OTTS members can read them? Is this correct? And about how many people, then, have access to the journals (to read them)? I realized today I might benefit from starting one, but I'm also a tad freaked about the self-exposure. :)

Blueberry

Storyworld, if it helps, the information on and "instructions" for mbr Journals are here: https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=15429.0

Actually only those OOTS mbrs who are in the group Mbr Journals can read them, not all OOTS mbrs at all. idk maybe 15-20 mbrs max atm. Haven't counted. As with everywhere else on the forum, you don't have to write anything more than you feel comfortable with. :hug:   

storyworld

Thank you, Blueberry! That was helpful. :)

Papa Coco

Storyworld,

I have often wondered the same thing.

I've read the link from Blueberry and it's still not clear to me: Are the Recovery Journals public? Is there a second recovery journal location that I need to ask Kizzie to move me to?

Blueberry

Yes, that is true PapaCoco. If you come on the website w/o logging on, you can read everything the general public can read.

It's only very recently I think that OOTS has has private groups, like the ZoomGroups - I can read ZG2 but not ZG1. You can probably read both.

I think it was just in Summer 2023 that the idea of a private space for Journals be created: Mbr Journals. On Mbr Journals it's not only the general public who can't read them, but also OOTS mbrs who aren't part of Mbr Journals. fwiw the majority of OOTS mbrs overall are NOT on Member Journals. But there are many OOTS mbrs who post rarely or not at all on the forum, so they are obviously not on Mbr Journals.

It is also possible to have a your own Journal in both sub-forums: Mbr Journals and Recovery Journals. I write less detailed stuff, less stuff that could theoretically identify me on Recovery Journals, in case FOO came snooping, which mine probably wouldn't but you just never know. Some members are more worried than others about being snooped on.

Kizzie

BB has explained it quite well.  If you have any question just PM me or ask here.