Three Good Things Today Part 8

Started by Kizzie, January 10, 2023, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

We're at Part 8 (we close out parts when they hit 5 pages) which tells me we do have good things in our lives so keep this thread going, little or big all good things matter.

Blueberry

1) I almost didn't go to choir practice this evening, but then I bestirred myself and went

2) Choir practice did me good: singing, distracting myself in a good way, leaving my head and feeling my breathing and therefore my body plus contact with other people

3) I couldn't find my bike key after choir but I calmed my panic by talking myself thru it and then I was able to find it!

4) Looking at our new list of dates from choir and remembering that whatever is going on because of LL, it's still important to live my life and e.g. go to choir and therefore NOT allow his shenanigans to upset and worry me to the point of that taking over my life

Kizzie

Blueberry

Thanks Kizzie :hug:

Now let me write 3 things for today, tho I have to think a bit:

1) I acted on my anger and spoke to the builders about the rain coming in and lo and behold when it started to rain, no drops came thru into my bedroom. Obviously they were capable of fixing the problem, despite telling me I'd have to put up till next week when the roof will be done

2) I've just been crying about a fairly factual email from FOO. Having felt and expressed sadness, devastation even, I feel a bit lighter.

3) I made myself a warm meal at noon.

Blueberry

1) I was able to be quite active today.

2) something I wanted to sell got paid for and collected today. A little money for me and less clutter in my apt :cheer:

3) I almost fell down a rabbit hole when responding to an 'apt to let' ad. Turned out it was a hoax, online too, and quite cleverly done. The good things: I didn't disappear down the rabbit hole and never resurface; I did realise it was a hoax before I entered any kind of risky information; I didn't harangue myself about it, I actually talked matter-of-factly to myself; though I did react with some feelings of fear, the fear wasn't as bad as it would've been a few years ago; I'm not dwelling on it

4) I ran a few errands by bike today and then decided spontaneously to drop by on an elderly man I know with a lovely garden. It's January in central Europe and there were flowers blooming! Did me a lot of good to look around in the garden. He always does a little tour pointing out what's growing, what he's pruned or cut back etc in the past while, the different characteristics of various plants, what's planned in the next few weeks. I'm smiling just writing about it. I also came away with a jar of homemade quince and apple jelly as well as apples from his own trees, tho long since picked - I'm happy they've kept this long in storage.

5) This elderly man hopes to come by and get my scented rose and a few other of my plants before LL vandalises them. Then, whereever I end up living, but most probably w/o a garden, I can drop by on him and smell my roses and enjoy watching bumble bees etc thronging my other flowers  :)

6) I note how much good it does me to write all these things about a garden and harvesting and produce to eat  :)

Blueberry

1) There were some bread and buns on the Giveaway Pantry Shelf
2) My student offered me a glass of water
3) Had a little cycle from A to B which made me feel a little wider awake.

Blueberry

1) Caught up on lots of sleep today
2) Mostly kept warm
3) Finally gave some specific crockery away which I'd been planning to do since before Xmas. One less little pile in my cupboard!

Blueberry

1) Conceded to myself that things are hard and allowed myself to doze and read most of the day, wrapped up in blankets to keep warm

2) Have just cooked up the remains of my tomato soup-with-chunks-of-bread from yesterday to eat something warming and filling. I added some tinned tomato as the remains were a bit watery. It was worth it to take this extra little step. My soup tasted good and I feel warmer now than I have all day

3) I went for a tiny little walk earlier in the day so got a bit of fresh air and moved myself a little, not really exercise, but stretched my legs a bit

Blueberry

1) I went over to a friend's and had a shower
2) Now I feel clean again
3) I made myself a hot and filling meal

Blueberry

1) I enjoyed the quiet in my bldg today
2) I enjoyed watching one of my pets careering around and also stopping to sniff my hand
3) I did get on with some stuff, including the shredding of documents which is something I'd been putting off for a couple of weeks.

Blueberry

1) I managed to leave the house at all this morning
2) Once I got going, I enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine
3) I had a hot main meal at a local church for €1

Blueberry

1) It was a lovely warm sunny day

2) I helped a woman find a building she was looking for, we got talking and found out she lives in the road I'm moving to! Stroke of fate? We exchanged phone numbers and she even offered to help me with my move because she likes to help people if she has time :)  And I like to help if I have the energy, which I did this morning, and I simply made time.

3) Had a great time at Carnival today. Some of it doing volunteer work with pocket money rather than no pay at all

Blueberry

1) I had a look at what's growing in the garden of the new place I'm in and showed it to a friend
2) Remembering back to the day I was digging up plants in the old garden and how much I enjoyed working in the garden after so long
3) Everything finally completed with old LL

Blueberry

1) Lying warm and safe in bed in the morning
2) I went for a walk into town in the cold sunshine and I went a slightly different route from when I cycle
3) Watching it snow through the window above my computer - huge white flakes coming down faster and faster. I'm glad I don't have to go out
4) I have a looooong list of things to do and I'm NOT condemning myself for not doing a whole lot of them because I know I'm stalling for a reason and I know I will get back on track when the time is right.

Blueberry

1) A friend phoned me and we went for a walk
2) There's lots to see on a walk - trees with their very new leaves, flowers, I even found a tiny little stream again and showed my friend
3) I came home and did some garden work and that was good for me