Three Good Things Today Part 8

Started by Kizzie, January 10, 2023, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1) It was very foggy this early morning and the spring-green leaves on the trees near my kitchen window made the fog seem a nice pleasant green colour. That's something beautiful and new in my new apartment. Still discovering new things here :)

2) I bought myself a second-hand solar light and it works very well shining towards my computer. This is great because the present ceiling light in this room isn't in an ideal place for lighting my computer screen.

3) I genuinely feel good when I'm using my solar light. I have a different one which is more a flashlight and/or something I can wear in the dark outside as a pedestrian. Either way, I feel good. Solar's cheaper than batteries or in the case of my indoor light, cheaper than electricity out of the socket.

4) I feel good today that at least points 1) and 2) are things I genuinely like rather than being things I've achieved. Often what I write on here are achievements, things I've managed. But not today for the most part! :cheer:

Blueberry

1) I've just been doing some much needed foot care. My feet do feel better now.

2) I decided going to church this morning was worth it even though I was running slightly late; it was worth it and since then some hymns have been singing in my head

3) It didn't start raining till I got home and undercover :)

Bermuda

I got some successful study time in.

I am feeling healthy and well.

I can see improvement in my work.

Blueberry

I got up and took both my morning meds and had my breakfast

I had my breakfast sitting in the sun in the kitchen and noted how nice the kitchen is in the morning since it gets the sun.That inspired me to then do a little sweeping and a little tidying.

I got ready to have my shower and then since I was overwhelmed plus wave of exhaustion I allowed myself to put it off.

I read some of Watership Down, a book I know so well I can dip into it at random and also one of those that got me interested in wild plants and flowers years ago.

That's more than 3 and that's fine!

Blueberry

1) I got up, took my first meds and then instead of wandering back to bed,

2) I noted how nice and sunny it was in the kitchen and there was an odd job to do,

3) so I got on with that and since then have done lots including

4) unpacking my CDs and cassetes and putting them away -another moving box emptied :cheer:

5) and I finally listened to some music :)  :)  :)    (I don't know why but I had a block about that since my move)

Blueberry

Some good things yesterday:

I allowed myself a 2-hour nap; it was obvious to me afterwards that I had really needed it

I made myself flavoured water with squeezed lemon juice, grated lemon rind and some herbs. I keep it in the fridge and it's refreshing in this hot weather and leads me to drink more water than I have been doing

I finally vacuumed most of my apartment and down the stairs and mopped most of it as well :thumbup:  :)

Three good things today:

I moved a piece of furniture to a different room and scrubbed something sticky off the top of it. I then allowed myself to zone out here on OOTS instead of 'getting on with other stuff'.

I dropped by on an elderly friend with a lovely garden and came away with some fruit off his trees and some parsley

Dragged myself off the computer earlier and went down into own garden where - among other things - I picked some flowers for indoors and put them in a vase

Moondance

Blueberry

Thanks Moondance :)

1) I got more fruit and some veg from the elderly friend's garden
2) I was able to help him a bit today, more than I usually manage
3) It's a bit cooler today, partly because it was cloudly almost all day

Blueberry

1) The air was cooler this morning so I could air my whole apt with all windows wide open  :)

2) It's been raining steadily for an hour :yahoo:  :party:  but not pelting down which means the ground can absorb some of it

3) When I got back from the market in the rain, I stood under a bush and did a little weeding cuz I like doing that and cuz the weeds are coming out of the ground more easily due to the rain ;)

Bermuda

I recognised a trigger before it got the best of me.

I cycled the kids to a trampoline park quite a distance from here, and we all had a great time and it was a huge success.

I am posting here for the first time in 2,5 months even though I still can't come up with a real third thing.

Blueberry

1) I mowed most of the lawn for the first time in my new place. A few hurdles overcome there. I asked for help from both neighbours on different occasions during the mowing.

2) It was actually quite hot this afternoon so I took a long break in the shade

3) I accidently stepped in some nettles but was able to find another plant that takes the sting away. I feel good that I learned about plants like that.

Blueberry

1) I started the day well by following an impulse to do a little tidying / sweeping outside, outfront.
2) Every time I saw or cycled through the area outfront I felt good seeing it tidy
3) Noticing these good things

Bermuda

That does sound great Blueberry.

I tidied up today too.
While I was nursing my husband just took my son the shop and came home and made lunch from conception to table. When I came out of the room lunch was served.
I started my course work, yay! Finally summer holiday is over.

Blueberry

1) Noticing how much progress I've made in the past couple of days :cheer:

2) Phoned another woman who was inpatient during some of my stay; we got on well there and had a good chat this evening, helping each other understand a bit what's going on atm but not in a way that triggered us

3) I got a ton of stuff done today including some really difficult stuff that have been waiting months if not years e.g. going to a outpatient physio about my feet. I've known for a number of years now that I need to but didn't have the wherewithal.

4) The physiotherapist was new to me. I said - "cptsd and it affects my feet and my whole physical body so that things that should be easy like doing physio exercises daily isn't possible." He sort of took that in but I know it's really difficult to comprehend and then he said "you could just run your foot over a prickly ball". Then - the good thing - I had an inspiration on how to explain it which helped me grasp it better myself! I said "I arranged an appointment just this morning (not even 2 hours beforehand) and I'm here but you notice that I haven't brushed my hair because I can't manage both. If I'd brushed my hair, I wouldn't have made it out of the house. So at home some fine day I can run my foot over a prickly ball, but I won't manage to brush my teeth" and I think he grasped the matter a tiny little bit, or at least he stopped finding reasons or suggesting ways round. But more especially explaining it helped me understand myself better. Because yes, it really is that bad! Those example are not an exaggeration. I wish they were.

5) Watching animal antics videos on youtube
6) I cooked myself a proper hot evening meal, using up two types of food that needed to be used up from my storage cupboard. I felt good about using them up rather than letting them go to waste, I've had it in mind for days now that it's time to prepare and eat them and now I have :cheer:
7) I listened to music and moved about a bit while working in the kitchen
8 ) I found some give-away forks today :)   I needed additional forks and have been looking for a while in second-hand shops and street-side give-away boxes
9) Had a few nice chats when I was out and about
10) Big trauma recovery steps going on :)  :cheer:

Blueberry

1) I'm singing again :)  :cheer:   (at home by myself, hymns accompanied by CDs)

2) I found out accidently that if I stand in front of what I think is called a dormer window and sing, I hear my own voice much better than normally and I'm surrounded by singing - my own singing - and it feels good to be surrounded

3) I decided to go ahead and try out my old crutches to see if that would help my feet when walking to and from bus stops on way to and from occupational therapy, and it did! I have no diagnosis yet, no doctor has seen me since my legs and feet took a nose-dive, but I felt crutches might help and they do! I can trust my own judgement sometimes! Probably can even trust my own judgement more and more :cheer: I'm getting more self-determined :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  And that's huge because FOO feels threatened by my self-determination. One of the sacrifices I was groomed to make was not developing self-determination. So,

4) I'm in the process of shucking off that hardened shell that was/is partially still preventing me from growing into ME, autonomous from FOO :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

5) I've been singing hymns in English, accompanied by a CD. I haven't really sung for ages and now it's sprung up again - my voice that is from the depths were it was stuck or tamped down. I don't feel self-conscious, my voice has more power than sometimes and I'm planning to sing at All Hallows next week. Even in my occupational T this morning, I wasn't planning to sing at All Hallows. Quick change but it hasn't been a head-based decision, it really has come about gradually over the day with me noticing that something is changing in my soul and body. Something integrating where at least soul and body are coming together if not head too. Lots of progress :)  :cheer: