Tell me if I fit in

Started by farfromthetree, April 23, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farfromthetree

Hi all. I'm on the Out of the Fog board, and I'm wondering if I fit in here too. I just spent the last six years taking care of my aging mother who has serious emotional problems. I got so enmeshed that my personality changed. I became fearful, negative, anxious and depressed. She became increasingly demanding, dependent, and unwilling to take any responsibility.

I went NC a year ago and I'm finding it's taking a long time for me to recover. I still get worked up over little things, I obsess, I do OCD behaviors, and I'm always expecting things to go wrong. I get almost paranoid at times.

Do I fit in here? And how should I start? Just a little nudge in the right direction would be helpful.   ???

keepfighting

Hi, farfromthetree,

nice to meet you on this forum!  :wave:

I'm glad you've found us and you're very welcome here.  :yes:

Have you had the time yet to check out Pete Walkers website about CPTSD yet? http://www.pete-walker.com/

His book "CPTSD - From Surviving to Thriving" is a great resource, as well.

On this forum, you might want to start in the "CPTSD and Us" section, since that's where we discuss the various symptoms (like anxiety, desaster thinking etc) and ways/strategies that help us deal with them.