Physical Ailments with CPTSD

• 82 Replies

blues_cruise

• View Profile
Re: Physical Ailments with CPTSD
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »
 :grouphug: to everyone.

Has anyone found that illness arrives afterthe trauma? When I was still in contact with my father I was physically okay while I was ignoring the past abuse and pretending that things were normal, it was when I became aware of narcissistic abuse and realising the truth of the situation that things started becoming a toll on my body. Towards the end of our contact I developed IBS which flares up when I'm stressed, but thankfully not so often now that we don't have contact. 6 months ago a blood test came back saying that my thyroid was borderline and since then I've started to get more and more tired and irritable about the fact that I wantto do so much but just don't have the energy.  :fallingbricks: I'm having another blood test soon to see if there's been any change in my levels, plus a blood sugar test. I'm almost hopeful that the tests will shown that things are worse so that I can get medication and start to feel better. I think there is a definite link between emotional and physical health and I feel angry that it got that bad.  :'(

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Another physical ailment:

i've had this one quite a long time. It comes and goes. Urinary incontinence.

Often when I take a step forwards in my healing or even just in my ideas, urinary incontinence gets bad. It's not a muscular problem, that' s all been checked. It's more as if there's just too much and my body can't contain that any more. So lots of breakthroughs over past few days. Then last night in the middle of the night.... Great. Not.

As I said, I've had the problem quite a while but not forever. It started a few years into my intensive healing work.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:55:10 PM by Blueberry »

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2018, 08:46:22 PM »
I have the same problem Blueberry. Although, I haven't checked it out, but I am fairly certain it's muscular.
Although for me it's just a little bit here and there throughout the day. I don't feel it though, but it's there.

It sucks. It really does. So I know what you mean by
Great. Not.

You're brave for sharing!  :hug:, if it's okay?

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »
 :hug: is great Sceal. As usual helps to know I'm not the only one.

Mine really is a psychological thing. In the daytime I can even hold it back to a certain extent by talking to the ICs just to give myself enough time to rush to the toilet. It's definitely helpful to talk to them on the way and then praise "Great!  :cheer: we / you made it!". Or if I /we don't make it, then "it's OK, that happens sometimes. We'll just clear the mess up together, do some laundry."

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2018, 09:05:12 PM »
I'm fairly certain mine is trauma related.
Sounds like you have a great attitude towards it though. And also very forgiving towards your self. That's really good! :cheer: wonderful to hear! :)

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »
Thanks! But as usual it took me quite a while to get to this forgiving state! Always a process.

Mine is presumably trauma-related as well. Especially since talking to the ICs is so helpful. Just one IC might not be a trauma thing. Some people refer to their creativity, playfulness etc as an IC, but once you have quite a few ICs that you're juggling in daily life, I imagine you're likely to have some sort of trauma problem. Just my layperson view of course.

DecimalRocket

• The Cautious Thrillseeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2018, 07:47:51 AM »
Well, I had a few disabilties I was born with, but cPTSD makes it worse. Sensory processing disorder already makes my senses oversensitive, and trauma just makes this extra painful. Iím kinda delayed with fine motor movements, and Iíve lost the ability to write or even grasp things when really stressed .

Itís gotten a lot better though after months of weekly treatments. I last longer in overstimulating environments, and if I canít write, I have a tablet to type with everywhere though.  Especially useful when fine motor control for my voice err. . . while a lot less common decides to bail on me. Noise cancelling headphones too. :whistling:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:27:26 AM by DecimalRocket »

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
An old one of my physical ailments returned today: really sore throat and inside of mouth. I used to get it all the time when I said, wrote or even thought something that FOO had forbidden me from saying. During the time I was 'breaking down' until I finally broke down completely, I had this pain all the time. So things are 'much improved' in that it's only occasional. But still, pain is pain. I also know in my case that no painkillers or anything else like heat treatment worked against the pain. The ailments cleared up and moved somewhere else. No, the pain is really a message from my psyche to me. atm I'm expressing stuff to FOO though not sending yet.