Part 2 - Functioning in public - collapsing in private -

Started by Boatsetsailrose, April 25, 2015, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hello  :wave:
The previous post felt so valuable that I have made a part 2 to carry it on (hope I've done it right )

Yes collapsing in private has been a real feature for me the past 5 yrs ( since I've been in recovery clean sober and now free from food too :)

Living without the 'fixing' and living a more honest and truthful way - being the high sensitive / cptsd variety - but still driven to keep going and cope ( if I don't who will ?
This past yr I have learnt through sheer exhaustion / mental health that I have to put myself first and work second - friendships and social have taken a real back seat and it's been very much about rest - lots of sleep - support and starting the journey of taking true care of myself with some gentleness and not allowing the inner critic to be in charge -

I feel v grateful that I've had this time .
I used to think after feeling so drained and exhausted after being in the outside world that I must have ME or some physical illness that I didn't know about -
Now I feel that it was a long accumulation of stress and burnout - childhood effects that needed processing - time out and convalescence have been so important and valuable and I would suggest to anyone to take what is needed ( within reason I know we need to live / money etc - putting our recovery 1 St I feel is so important .. My experience is with this at the forefront ideas and things become possible that never entered the radar before. For example I now work a 4 day week and survive fine on the money - I don't take on many other to dos and I put the following as a priority
Sleep
Nutrition
Meditation
Time for myself
Time to slowly build more social time / make friends
Nature
Art
And I really like the conversation before about rocks / crystals
I carry a polished piece of rose quartz - it really helps my fuzzy achy head :) xx

Rrecovery

Hi BSR  :wave:  Your post is so wise and inspiring  :yes:  I'm so glad you are experiencing healing and self-love and care.  Your post brought a poem I wrote a while ago to mind, I'd like to share it:

Let's bridge the distance between us
Let's really live, boy
And smile at Life everyday
Let's be well and whole and
Unafraid to face
The next adventure
Sobriety is so wild
Freedom is so full of
Meanings and possibilities
That I want to sing out
So big and loud
That all the angels notice