Memories

Started by Dyess, April 25, 2015, 09:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

How far back can you remember events in your life? example -I remember one and I was 2-3ish, but that's about it. I was so small that my baby sitter sat me on the kitchen counter. I saw some keys, so I picked them up and stuck it into an electric outlet.....that's about all I remember about that. Was later told the baby sitter had to knock me away from the wall with a broom. Guess I'm lucky to be alive.

anosognosia

Quote from: Trace on April 25, 2015, 09:38:07 PM
I saw some keys, so I picked them up and stuck it into an electric outlet.....that's about all I remember about that. Was later told the baby sitter had to knock me away from the wall with a broom. Guess I'm lucky to be alive.

My goodness! Yes definitely. I know someone who went into cardiac arrest when they did something similar as a kid.  Glad nothing serious happened!

I remember when I was 1 stealing a toy from a friend. That's about it. :)

Dyess

Wow, you know I may have been younger than two. Not sure why she sat me on the counter. I was very small though.
I expect getting walloped with that broom could have started my heart back , if it had stopped :)
I wish I could remember back further, or maybe not :)

wingnut

I remember my mother changing my diaper and bathing me as I sat on the edge of the kitchen sink. So pretty tiny! Random memory is fascinating. Why do we remember some bits that seem so irrelevant?

Dyess

Seems like the more I think about it the more I remember. It is fascinating.

Anamiame

I remember back to 9 months.  I try and avoid any others. 

anosognosia

Quote from: Trace on April 26, 2015, 11:55:20 PM
Seems like the more I think about it the more I remember. It is fascinating.

That is some powerful headspace to be at!!!

Dyess

Yes, can be good and not so good, but interesting. It's like a dream, you remember it but doesn't seem real for some reason. But you know it is, strange. The mind, and body are complex for sure.