Reflections on Step 7 and the past week

• 2 Replies

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
Reflections on Step 7 and the past week
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
Reminder: In order to honor our group process we ask that only current members post and respond here please.  Thank you.

Note:  Your recovery is unique to you.  These topics and activities are suggestions.  Please feel free to do and respond to those that work for you at this time.

This is a place to post anything about this past week.  Like the most important thing that you learned, or action you plan to take, as a result of this step.

anosognosia

• View Profile
Re: Reflections on Step 7 and the past week
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:02 PM »
I'm fairly certain that bits and pieces of my childhood that I've tucked away into the deepest corners of my memory will come out randomly and unpredictably as time goes on and as I have a greater sense of safety.

I'm fairly certain that most of the "big stuff" has come out and that I'm now convinced 80% of the time that I was abused emotionally and physically and that I was just trying to survive (instead of coming up with an excuse for my narents).

I'm looking forward to learning on how to let these grievious injuries and injustices go, and move on. I look forward to stepping into the present and into the future with a positive attitude and trusting and loving myself more as I accept but not suffer under my history of childhood abuse.

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
Re: Reflections on Step 7 and the past week
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:33:07 AM »
I look forward to stepping into the present and into the future with a positive attitude and trusting and loving myself more as I accept but not suffer under my history of childhood abuse.

I really like what you wrote here.  I couldn't say it any better myself.  Just, yeah that!